Anybody going thru foreclosure or reposeession..

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2007, 03:29 PM
*KeLLy*
If you are going thru this, you are protected under the Soldiers and Sailors act which states u cannot go thru any of these actions while in Active Duty service. This bill was signed in by Bush and up till not I couldn't stand him, but I wanna kiss his ugly mug right now.
February 5th, 2007, 03:50 PM
ReedsMama06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ReedsMama06 Send a message via Yahoo to ReedsMama06
That is really nice. But I think I will not take any chances! My bills are gettin paid anyway!

P.S. I still cant stand bush!
February 5th, 2007, 04:14 PM
7/07Mommy
Quote:
That is really nice. But I think I will not take any chances! My bills are gettin paid anyway!

P.S. I still cant stand bush! [/b]
LOL
February 5th, 2007, 04:24 PM
*KeLLy*
Quote:
That is really nice. But I think I will not take any chances! My bills are gettin paid anyway![/b]
I paid mine too, but then life occured.. and well all went to hell in a hand basket in a matter of 6 mos. That's what happens when the military tells u, you can't reenlist.. ugh. So sometimes things happen to people and I wanted to let y'all know that you are protected. I just found this out today, bc we have property in AL and the ppl who are living in it won't pay for it, (again not our fault) and we're going to have to put them out, but they are trying to sue us and they can't under this law.
February 5th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
That is really nice. But I think I will not take any chances! My bills are gettin paid anyway![/b]
I paid mine too, but then life occured.. and well all went to hell in a hand basket in a matter of 6 mos. That's what happens when the military tells u, you can't reenlist.. ugh. So sometimes things happen to people and I wanted to let y'all know that you are protected. I just found this out today, bc we have property in AL and the ppl who are living in it won't pay for it, (again not our fault) and we're going to have to put them out, but they are trying to sue us and they can't under this law.
[/b][/quote]

I understand what you mean. Life happens sometimes. Luckily we are doing good now, but that is good info to know down the road if life happens again (i still dont like Bush either )

February 5th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Mommy2twogirls
Quote:
I paid mine too, but then life occured.. and well all went to hell in a hand basket in a matter of 6 mos. That's what happens when the military tells u, you can't reenlist.. ugh. So sometimes things happen to people and I wanted to let y'all know that you are protected. I just found this out today, bc we have property in AL and the ppl who are living in it won't pay for it, (again not our fault) and we're going to have to put them out, but they are trying to sue us and they can't under this law.[/b]
Wow! That sucks!!!!!!
We had something similar happen to us a few years back. When Dh went to boot camp, we were told we could sign our house (mobile home) over to a friend and he could take over payments and TADAH! Our house issue was solved. Our friend needed a place to go and I had to leave too... so we did it.

Well, we signed all the paperwork. Their copy machine wasn't working, so they said they would mail us the copies ( BIG MISTAKE!!!). Apparently, they never got all of the info from our friend. We never got all of our paperwork. Our friend quit paying. The company tried to deny the sign-over. They went out of business. They repossessed it. We now have a $12,000 repossession on our credit.... lovely.... Which, might I add, has caused us problem EVERY TIME we have to but something !!! UGH! Needless to say, we don't talk to them anymore . That's the VERY long, eventful story in a nutshell...

But, yes, things DO happen. It sucks... but it's reality. Not everything is fair..

I wish that law applied to me...

ETA: I guess I'm the only one who DOES like Bush....
February 5th, 2007, 04:54 PM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
BUSH People always find a way to insult hiim even if the topic has very little or NOTHING to do with him! Even when given credit due, they still have to say something negative.

I don't like to hear them dog him so badly so there. I get pretty upset hearing so much flack about him. So he doesn't do everything like everybody wants.. SO?! HELLO!? How many people can you please at once? Besides, thank God that freakazoid Kerry (who btw is a COWARD and a WIMP and a complete imbecile) didn't even come close to winning. I was so moving to Canada if he won! My DH doesn't like the conflict either but some things are important or necessary to overcome things and he will GLADLY pack his bags and go to Iraq. He already wants to volunteer and he can't even go yet! We'll always be (along with the rest of the world and all nations) fighting "a war" on terrorism. (<<< That is not "Iraqis"... that is ALL nations with terrorists, including the Land of the Free!) It is sick the disgusting things that they will do to mankind. So sad. We have to prove that we are not backing down and leaving situations unresolved. You know what that proves to them? That we are too peaceful to protect our own. That they can just run right over us and do as they please because TERROISTS HATE AMERICANS. They hate anyone that believes differently than them. That will just prove to them that they can do what they want and we are a bunch of wimps that don't want to upset anyone.

VENT OVER. I'm not arguing.. Just saying some things that others won't say. I already know the other side of the fence and how much people hate him so I don't even care to hear it and I'm not saying anything else about this topic. Ha.

Now... on to the real topic . I don't think we'll ever have to worry about that but you never know and a lot of people don't know very much about the Soldiers and Sailors Act. It's a good thing... it helps you to get straightened out without getting things ripped from you.

DH makes less than HALF of what he would make doing the same job in a civillian world. We DESERVE every privilege and right that is awarded us. That includes BAH and BAS!

So for all those idiots that say we get "free housing" and "free/discounted food" and "free insurance".. HAH! We earn every bit of that! There are some ignorant and uneducated people out there!

Including the people that harassed me all year long on medical bills that I couldn't pay at the time. They were trying to charge me 7% interest on an emergency room bill for my miscarriage.. the sick idiots. I would have paid as best I could when DH got back from basic and tech school but they didn't care. They threatened me and acted all crazy. Tried to charge me the interest and when they found out we were military... they DENIED ANY monetary help because "[we] get [our] housing free".

Can you believe the idiocracy?!?!

Geez.. I'm on a rampage.

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM
*KeLLy*
Quote:
Wow! That sucks!!!!!!
We had something similar happen to us a few years back. When Dh went to boot camp, we were told we could sign our house (mobile home) over to a friend and he could take over payments and TADAH! Our house issue was solved. Our friend needed a place to go and I had to leave too... so we did it.

Well, we signed all the paperwork. Their copy machine wasn't working, so they said they would mail us the copies ( BIG MISTAKE!!!). Apparently, they never got all of the info from our friend. We never got all of our paperwork. Our friend quit paying. The company tried to deny the sign-over. They went out of business. They repossessed it. We now have a $12,000 repossession on our credit.... lovely.... Which, might I add, has caused us problem EVERY TIME we have to but something !!! UGH! Needless to say, we don't talk to them anymore . That's the VERY long, eventful story in a nutshell...

But, yes, things DO happen. It sucks... but it's reality. Not everything is fair..

I wish that law applied to me...

ETA: I guess I'm the only one who DOES like Bush....[/b]
THIS IS EXACTLY what we're going thru almost to the TEE! Weird huh? Our mobile home we had a huge contract made up and they promised to pay we asked them to do direct deposit they said no they wanted to mail them so we said over night it they said ok, first payment came this way the next ones didn't. So now they are wanting to repo this trailer and honestly I could care less I'm so fed up with it all. However, now they think they can sue us and slap a restraining order against us and the loan company to pervent us from repo'ing this home, i'm like IF that worked EVERYBODY WOULD get restraining orders against their bill collectors!! Completely ridiculous!

Quote:
I understand what you mean. Life happens sometimes. Luckily we are doing good now, but that is good info to know down the road if life happens again (i still dont like Bush either )[/b]
Thats us, we're just NOW getting straightened up for the mess we got into. Life SUCKS (at times)

Quote:
but a lot of people don't know very much about the Soldiers and Sailors Act.[/b]
You know we didn't when the lawyer said that, Ed and I both was like..Whats that! LoL. It's a nice law so I thought I"d come on here and share with u guys incase anybody else is going thru this bc this can help a lot of families out to get back on their feet bc a lot of these companies if ur a month late they'll come take whatever u have and ur left to pay a hefty repo charge that normally you can't pay for so I thought I"d come on here and post it for y'all.
February 5th, 2007, 05:16 PM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
but a lot of people don't know very much about the Soldiers and Sailors Act.[/b]
You know we didn't when the lawyer said that, Ed and I both was like..Whats that! LoL. It's a nice law so I thought I"d come on here and share with u guys incase anybody else is going thru this bc this can help a lot of families out to get back on their feet bc a lot of these companies if ur a month late they'll come take whatever u have and ur left to pay a hefty repo charge that normally you can't pay for so I thought I"d come on here and post it for y'all.
[/b][/quote]

That's exactly right! There are so many things available that people don't know about and they really help!

I'm telling you... listen to Dave Ramsey a while and you will HATE credit cards and debt and bill collectors even more than you do now!

They are ruthless and I know some people are deadbeats and worthless and don't pay their bills but there are some that try and get a wad of bad luck or just don't know about some things and you know what? They don't treat you ANY differently! They don't give a crap. As long as they can suck money/possessions from you, they will!

I say take advantage if you need to!!

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 5th, 2007, 07:05 PM
*KeLLy*
Exactly girl!!!

I said something today that I swear is SOO true..

"The rich FEED off ignorance!!" Amen or AMEN?!!
February 6th, 2007, 07:36 AM
Mommy2twogirls
Quote:
BUSH People always find a way to insult hiim even if the topic has very little or NOTHING to do with him! Even when given credit due, they still have to say something negative.

I don't like to hear them dog him so badly so there. I get pretty upset hearing so much flack about him. So he doesn't do everything like everybody wants.. SO?! HELLO!? How many people can you please at once? Besides, thank God that freakazoid Kerry (who btw is a COWARD and a WIMP and a complete imbecile) didn't even come close to winning. I was so moving to Canada if he won! My DH doesn't like the conflict either but some things are important or necessary to overcome things and he will GLADLY pack his bags and go to Iraq. He already wants to volunteer and he can't even go yet! We'll always be (along with the rest of the world and all nations) fighting "a war" on terrorism. (<<< That is not "Iraqis"... that is ALL nations with terrorists, including the Land of the Free!) It is sick the disgusting things that they will do to mankind. So sad. We have to prove that we are not backing down and leaving situations unresolved. You know what that proves to them? That we are too peaceful to protect our own. That they can just run right over us and do as they please because TERROISTS HATE AMERICANS. They hate anyone that believes differently than them. That will just prove to them that they can do what they want and we are a bunch of wimps that don't want to upset anyone.

VENT OVER. I'm not arguing.. Just saying some things that others won't say. I already know the other side of the fence and how much people hate him so I don't even care to hear it and I'm not saying anything else about this topic. Ha.

Now... on to the real topic . I don't think we'll ever have to worry about that but you never know and a lot of people don't know very much about the Soldiers and Sailors Act. It's a good thing... it helps you to get straightened out without getting things ripped from you.

DH makes less than HALF of what he would make doing the same job in a civillian world. We DESERVE every privilege and right that is awarded us. That includes BAH and BAS!

So for all those idiots that say we get "free housing" and "free/discounted food" and "free insurance".. HAH! We earn every bit of that! There are some ignorant and uneducated people out there!

Including the people that harassed me all year long on medical bills that I couldn't pay at the time. They were trying to charge me 7% interest on an emergency room bill for my miscarriage.. the sick idiots. I would have paid as best I could when DH got back from basic and tech school but they didn't care. They threatened me and acted all crazy. Tried to charge me the interest and when they found out we were military... they DENIED ANY monetary help because "[we] get [our] housing free".

Can you believe the idiocracy?!?!

Geez.. I'm on a rampage. [/b]

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

AMEN SISTA!!!
February 6th, 2007, 08:25 AM
7/07Mommy
Quote:
You know we didn't when the lawyer said that, Ed and I both was like..Whats that! LoL. It's a nice law so I thought I"d come on here and share with u guys incase anybody else is going thru this bc this can help a lot of families out to get back on their feet bc a lot of these companies if ur a month late they'll come take whatever u have and ur left to pay a hefty repo charge that normally you can't pay for so I thought I"d come on here and post it for y'all.[/b]
And thank you for posting it.
My DH's truck was repossessed while he was in bootcamp because he went from making a good income to... well, you all know what a single E-1 makes. This law would have really helped him out back then, and he wouldn't have that huge blemish on his credit for the next few years.
February 6th, 2007, 09:41 AM
ReedsMama06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ReedsMama06 Send a message via Yahoo to ReedsMama06
For the record, me not liking bush is not just becasue of iraq, or the war... It is a number of things combined, and the fact that i am a liberal democrat and none of his views match up with mine. I am not just jumping on a bandwagon becasue my husband got taken away from me. I did not say anything bad about him or insult him and neither did anyone else. I just said i dont like him, and i DONT. But attacks were however made against John Kerry. But it is your opinion. I wont belittle your opinion.

However I must say that the war in iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. It had to do with a civil war and a tyranny in their country, yes they have terrorists but they were not behind 9/11. The war in Afghanistan is due to 9/11 and attacks against the US.

Please do not take this as an insult, i am not trying to start a debate... I just wanted to say this.
Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search