I need help

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Send a message via MSN to michelle3101
Hi all
I really need some help with DD. Since my SO went away she hates going to bed, when i finally get her to bed she wakes about 8 or 9 times each time saying stuff like her knee hurts or her belly her newest thing is that she dont like her bed and wants to go in mine, but I dont want to put her in with me for the whole time SO's away as i'm worried that when hes home she wont go back to her own. Before she goes to bed first she has some supper then a nice bath, we then have a little quiet time where we have a cuddle and drink of tea of warm milk, then we go up to bed and have a story and she has to have a wee and poo (she has just stopped wearing nappies at bed time). I then come down stairs and she will shout me about 20 times till she eventually falls asleep, and thats when the fun starts.

Before SO went away he had a week off and he would put her to bed every night, she has been like this since he went away (hes been gone 2 weeks now).

Is there anyone who has gone through this or is going through it PLEASE PLEASE can you help im sleep deprived and starting to get really ratty with every one.

Thanks Shell

February 6th, 2007, 09:47 AM
ReedsMama06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ReedsMama06 Send a message via Yahoo to ReedsMama06
I dont have a toddler so i dont know exactly what you are going through... But i wanted to offer you

I would suggest working into your bedtime routine a video of your SO or maybe she could kiss a picture of him goodnight and (if you are religious) say a prayer for him? You could put a picture of him by her bed that she can see or go to this website... www.daddydolls.com You can make a doll for her that looks like your SO!

Hope that helps.
February 6th, 2007, 10:27 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Ah yes. My son was a couple months away from being 3 when my husband left for training, and ended up being gone a total of 7 months. I made the mistake of letting him sleep with me in my bed - which is something I do NOT recommend doing at ALL. He didn't want to leave! LOL

My advice would be to get her a nightlight, if she doesn't have one already.

Also ..

Put a picture of Daddy and her next to her bed, and tell her that if she gets scared at night, she can always talk to Daddy in the picture. I don't know if you guys pray or not, but, if you do ... you can always tell her to talk to God and that God will watch over her Daddy while he is gone.

Give it time, she's still adjusting to Daddy not being there. The reason she wakes up at night and makes every excuse in the book is to make sure that you are still there. After a couple more weeks she'll realize that you're still there, you're not going anywhere.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 6th, 2007, 03:46 PM
*KeLLy*
Quote:
Ah yes. My son was a couple months away from being 3 when my husband left for training, and ended up being gone a total of 7 months. I made the mistake of letting him sleep with me in my bed - which is something I do NOT recommend doing at ALL. He didn't want to leave! LOL[/b]
I made the same mistake.
February 6th, 2007, 09:57 PM
kelbel's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
My advice would be to get her a nightlight, if she doesn't have one already.[/b]
When I first read this I thought it said nightLIFE. ROFL.

What I try to do with my stepdaughter is to have everything she could think of in her room: glass of water, favorite stuffed animal, tissues, etc. When she wakes up she can't come in my room (even though she wants to sleep with us). If she's scared I stay in her room a while to show her there's nothing to be afraid of. We scare the monsters away. I might lay with her for a few minutes. Then I tell her when I'm leaving so she doesn't fall asleep with me there and wake up with me gone. I recommend not letting DD come in your bed at all. She'll never want to go to her own bed. Of course you have to decide if that's ok in your home. For me and DH our bed is just for us.
February 7th, 2007, 02:33 AM
Send a message via MSN to michelle3101
Thanks for the advise i will try all the things tonight. she aready has a cup a water in the room and always takes her dolly to bed but i dont have a pic of her and daddy, theres one of me and him but i think that its a good idea to put one of her and him in there so she can say goodnight to him. We're not very religious but i think praying might help.

thanks again for the advise.

A very tired mommy

February 7th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
All the ladies had great advice!

I'm having a smiliar problem with my 2 year old. I have found that if I go in and lay with him for a few minutes he will go back to sleep and then the next night he will sleep all night. I'm just hoping he continues to sleep all night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search