Elizabeth had a bad night at the ER....

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Veteran
Her daycare called me today(luckily I was on my way there already, so didn't have to leave school early) to tell me that she had a fever of 104.6. So I got her and took her in to the ER because her pedi didn't have any openings and she had been perfectly fine that morning. No runny nose or coughing or anything.

So the doc thought she might have a UTI(urinary tract infection) because of her high fever and no other signs of illness. Buuut the only way to get a urine sample from a one year old is with a straight catheter. So my poor little baby had to have a catheter put up in her long enough to get a sample. She felt so sick as it was. So, she did end up having a UTI and they gave us some antibiotics.

Now then, somebody at her daycare is gonna hear about this---I don't think she is getting enough fluids there, either that or they are not changing her diaper properly(wiping back to front or something). I am very careful about that stuff at home and she ALWAYS has a sippy of water available at home. Yep--so anyways, my poor little girl .
February 8th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Vickey
awww, poor little girlie!!!!

Hope she gets better soon!

Does her day care tell you how many diaper changes a day they are doing and everything she eats or drinks? If not maybe ask them to keep track!
February 8th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Poor little thing. I hope she feels better soon.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Aww..poor Elizabeth!

Definetly speak to the daycare about it. Was the doctor able to tell you if she seemed dehydrated?
February 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
mommas2favs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mommas2favs
Belle and I hope that Elizabeth is feeling better soon!

~~my awesome siggies are made by *Kiliki~~
February 8th, 2007, 10:18 PM
*KeLLy*
OOOOH Lord bless her heart!!! I don't blame you girl give them hell!! Those things are painful and I can't imagine being little like that not being able to tell them my hoo hoo hurts.

Lots of love to her!!
February 8th, 2007, 10:23 PM
klfc28
Thats heart breaking! Hope she starts to feel better soon and you can get down to the bottom of it!
February 9th, 2007, 07:59 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
i hope she feels better asap!

February 9th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor girl! I hope she feels better really soon!

February 9th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Rachel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Poor kid! I heard the fever is going around a lot!

February 9th, 2007, 11:57 AM
mrs_catty_marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor thing! I hope she feels better soon

[/url

Ectopic Pregnancy 01/30/06. One tube wonder!
February 9th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Veteran
She had NO wet diapers today and refused to drink fluids at daycare. She has drunk some cranberry with water here so we'll see how it goes.

Quote:
awww, poor little girlie!!!!

Hope she gets better soon!

Does her day care tell you how many diaper changes a day they are doing and everything she eats or drinks? If not maybe ask them to keep track![/b]
They tell me how many diapers--but they are going to be telling me fluids too from now on!

Quote:
Aww..poor Elizabeth!

Definetly speak to the daycare about it. Was the doctor able to tell you if she seemed dehydrated?[/b]
She was a little dehydrated, but not too bad. I dunno if it was the daycare of not, I suppose it could be soap or something from her bathtime---either way I feel awful for her, she feels sooo sick -you can tell. And it sucks because it was something totally preventable. Someone somewhere failed her, whether it was me and soap or whatever.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search