Saw a tee shirt that pissed me off (O/T)

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2007, 10:11 AM
*KeLLy*
This shirt said:

War in Iraq
IS TERRORISM

So, what in the HELL are our soldiers? Terroristst??!!! :angry My husband isn't a terrorist..in my eyes a terrorist is somebody who does what? INFLICT terror! ugh.. am I over reacting????
February 10th, 2007, 11:14 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Definitely not over reacting. The person who a.) made the shirt and b.) wore the shirt obviously don't know their a_ss from a hole in the ground. Morons.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 10th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, thats not cool. Maybe they just meant that they think Bush/government are the "terrorists" and they just didnt think about what that implies about the troops ...wishful thinking

February 10th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Veteran
Quote:
This shirt said:

War in Iraq
IS TERRORISM

So, what in the HELL are our soldiers? Terroristst??!!! :angry My husband isn't a terrorist..in my eyes a terrorist is somebody who does what? INFLICT terror! ugh.. am I over reacting???? [/b]
You are not over reacting and it is thanks to our heros that they can wear that tshirt and not get beat up or thrown in jail!!! Terrorists are evil people with evil intentions and our troops are there fighting terrorism with the best of intentions... sharing FREEDOM
February 10th, 2007, 03:22 PM
*KeLLy*
Thanks you guys. I got so livid when I read it and dh was like their stupid just ignore them. And of course being the protective wife I am I wanted to go beat them up lol lol lol. And choke them with dh's dog tag's lol lol.
February 10th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Veteran
Definately not overreacting.. Where are these people at? Give me details! Let me at em!! I'm all riled up now, LOL. Just kidding.

I am just waiting for the day someone puts down the military in front of me. I have no clue what I will do. On the debate boards recently, a few of the military wives said they had been put down by people or spit at, that kinda stuff. Lord help me if anyone ever does that to me.
February 10th, 2007, 07:36 PM
*KeLLy*
I've been put down a few times too.

It was a tee shirt I seen on the internet on a myspace page. ugh.

When I was doing our last move. We did a full dity. I went into uhaul to rent my truck and I asked the lady "do u have military discount?" i always ask that bc u never know u know?? Well, this woman in behind me under her breath goes...my God do u ppl require a discount on everything? I turned around and said "If it wasn't for Hill AFB this town wouldn't be as productive as it is.." and simply left it at that. She just gave me a pissy lil look.

When I was doing our last move. We did a full dity. I went into uhaul to rent my truck and I asked the lady "do u have military discount?" i always ask that bc u never know u know?? Well, this woman in behind me under her breath goes...my God do u ppl require a discount on everything? I turned around and said "If it wasn't for Hill AFB this town wouldn't be as productive as it is.." and simply left it at that. She just gave me a pissy lil look.
February 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM
ahillo5
ugh, people really piss me off too. i don't know what i would do if someone put me or hte military down infront of me, but if my husband were there, i'd be praying he didn't go to jail for murder...
February 10th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Veteran
Oh that sucks.. I can't believe the nerve of some people. You really held it together. I have no clue what I would have done, actually unless they caught me on a bad day, I probably wouldn't have been able to say anything.

Ugh, I'm mad at that lady for you. I can't believe some people. Makes me sick. Have you seen the anti-military groups on myspace? ARRGGG I better stop typing or I'm gonna punch my keyboard
February 10th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Rachel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would have said something.. like "jacka$$".. I hate rude ***** people who don't know what they are talking about...

February 11th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, I think you are taking it the way that it was intended. I have no answer for it. Except the more that you get pissed of about things you can't control (unless you want to rip the persons t-shirt off ) the crapper your day will be.
February 11th, 2007, 04:34 AM
7/07Mommy
No matter what one's opinions on the war, wearing a shirt that says something that stupid is just plain ignorant!
I'm one of the ones who got spit at. I had a 1/2 my Heart is in Iraq sticker on my window while my DH was deployed last summer. A woman on a bike wearing a shirt that said "Out of Iraq Now" stopped beside me at a light, saw my sticker, gave me a nasty look, flipped me off and spit on my car! IMO, she was just displaying her own ignorance by making assumptions about what kind of person I am or what I believe. If I weren't so shocked, I probably would have run her over, but it's probably good that I stayed calm because people like that are just looking for a reaction.
February 11th, 2007, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That would irritate me too. But just try to remember most people are opposed to the war in Iraq have an issue with our current government and our leaders - not our soldiers themselves.
February 11th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will add to this... we had the woman that got spit on at Target when I was at Luke... We had another woman beat the piss out of someone at Frys because she had her hubby's AIR FORCE pt shirt on... She beat them DOWN!!!! She got charged but she smiled the whole time... I have walked into places in uniform LIKE TARGET and gotten looked at funny... bad looks... COMMENTS... we got one comment from a lady like well don't those women look like men... I told her to shut the hell up and go about her business because that comment she added was one more soldier down for her big stupid mouth... She walked off... needless to say... I told her my steel toe boots would fit nicely in her arse... People are ignorant. We are in Germany and we GET respect from the Germans... Some hate us though... But carry on and don't let it bother you! Its not worth it. People are gonna bash us no matter what... I get bashed when I go home and see my old highschool classmates working at Walmart and I pull out my ID and they say HOW CAN YOU DO THIS... I look at them and say HOW CAN YOU WORK AT WALMART AND NEVER LEAVE A SMALL TOWN THAT IS RACIST! But keep your head up momma... I am proud of what your hubby does!

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
February 11th, 2007, 04:58 PM
*KeLLy*
Some of you have really been thru it. I"ve had rude comments too but I don't think I could have held my composure being spit at.

Wendy, I'm going to tell u this. I aspire to be like you. I am going to enlist when dh finishes his AIT. So I really look up to u for what you do and I know if you can do it then so can I. I just wanted to tell u that.
February 11th, 2007, 09:19 PM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
Quote:
Definitely not over reacting. The person who a.) made the shirt and b.) wore the shirt obviously don't know their a_ss from a hole in the ground. Morons.[/b]
No one should be able to talk like that. Unfortunately, our guys are working hard keeping the freedoms so they can wear crap like that.

Quote:

When I was doing our last move. We did a full dity. I went into uhaul to rent my truck and I asked the lady "do u have military discount?" i always ask that bc u never know u know?? Well, this woman in behind me under her breath goes...my God do u ppl require a discount on everything? I turned around and said "If it wasn't for Hill AFB this town wouldn't be as productive as it is.." and simply left it at that. She just gave me a pissy lil look. [/b]
Ok.. that right there.. I would have asked for her manager's phone number or UHUAL's phone number and told her that I'm calling to complain.

I am WAAY too much of a BRAT and a witch to allow people to walk over me like that. How dare she?! That is rude. I don't even like asking for the discounts but we sure as heck deserve 'em!

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 12th, 2007, 12:02 AM
*KeLLy*
Well I would have, but it was a patron in the store. ugh. They also gave me a uhaul that the a/c kept going in and out with two kids all the way to Texas in August. It was awful.
February 12th, 2007, 01:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Some of you have really been thru it. I"ve had rude comments too but I don't think I could have held my composure being spit at.

Wendy, I'm going to tell u this. I aspire to be like you. I am going to enlist when dh finishes his AIT. So I really look up to u for what you do and I know if you can do it then so can I. I just wanted to tell u that. [/b]

Thank you! yes its hard but just knowing that I have a wonderful family and wonderful friends to back my decisions up makes it easier. I have also decided this WILL be my last enlistment then I will go Active Reserve... I don't want to travel as much with the kids growing up... But thank you Kelly.. .You just made my day!

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search