I hate having an APO address!

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 04:56 PM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
February 12th, 2007, 06:12 PM
klfc28
LOL!!!

I know what you mean, been there done that.

i had to have my dogs crates sent on a support flight. It was the only way I was gonna get them out of country!
February 12th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Rachel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never even thought of that! That must suck...

February 12th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That stinks!! I would die without wal-mart

February 13th, 2007, 05:23 AM
Mattiez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my dear I feel your pain.

When I lived over seas I made it my personal mission to "rattle as many cages" as I could on stores about FPO/APO boxes. When I would go to order something them find out that they don't send to fpo/apo I would always find somewhere on the web sites that says "contact us" and I would. I would let them know that sending to fpo/apo boxes was just like sending to NY or CA for them. Which are 2 of the large collection sites. It doesn't cost them any more. A lot of times I had success like this. Ether they would reply and tell me how to override the system or override it for me or even change the whole pull down sellection menu.

You go girl. I will gladly pass this mission on to you. If you choose to accept it. B)

Another trick THAT WORKS. I had to do this a number of times espically when a company had a fixed drop down menu that they won't change.

All FPO/APO boxes are really just a huge collection point ether on the east or the west coast. Ours happened to be NY City NY. If you look up your zip code it is a US stateside zipcode. Or simply ask your mail carrier. Anyway lets say an item that is mailed to you Walmart (for example) would go through the USPS from Walmart to the US collection point. (NY exa.) That is all. End of journey. End of concern for Walmart. Then the US Gov takes it over and distributes it to your mailbox. Yes sometimes months latter.

Soooooo the trick....

Susy Q Public
PO Box 1234
FPO AE
New York City, NY 09123 (or what ever the zip is)

You always get 2 lines for street address then city, state (your collection pt) and your zip (which is collection pt zip) It does work!!!! And it is a correct address. And companies delever to it with out any problem or without charging you overseas rate. BECAUSE IT IS NOT OVERSEAS. Can you tell I have btdt.

Spread the word! But first do a little beating up on the company's that are still holding out on us.
February 13th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
I am not looking forward to that jazz at all moving overseas!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 14th, 2007, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Its not that bad. I have had to call and say HEY here is my order # I need it shipped to APO... it takes a little work... but some people think its international... Once it hits NY its on MILITARY TIME... you are not waiting for WALMART to ship it... you are waiting on the MILITARY to get it to you... and it still comes by class

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search