strange family...

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Vickey
I have!!!!

So i keep getting emails from distant family members I have not seen since I was like 5 or just ones that we never really kept in contact with. I come from a really big family. My dad is one of 8 kids and my grandma was one of 12. So that large of a family just spreads out too quickly, how could I know where everyone was?

Anyways...these emails I keep getting, everyone is like OMG why didn't you tell us you got married...and your having a baby???? LIke its the end of the world.

So i always respond very nicely saying yes we got married last april and the baby is due soon yada yada yada.

But they seriously seem upset, like i kicked their puppy. I don't feel bad because I know there was nothing I could do...I was not going to send out like 300+ annoucement cards explaining my life but its not like I was hidding it either.

I keep trying to find out who said what to who that started this chain reaction. Its like a bad jigsaw puzzle. I can't help but laugh at these people. I don't even know who is who's mom or child or aunt or uncle!

Sometimes families are just toooooooooo big!!!!!!!!
February 12th, 2007, 05:42 PM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
oh wow
February 12th, 2007, 05:52 PM
ahillo5
i know what u mean! my mom is one of 8 and my dad is one of 6 [i think?] i have cousins i've never met and i don't even know what a few of my uncles look like. lol.
February 12th, 2007, 09:42 PM
klfc28
Thats just crazy!!!

My family is small, thank goodness
February 13th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
How silly of them to be upset with you that you didn't call them or tell them! Have THEY called YOU to tell you their latest goingson? No! How silly.

I recently was tracked down online by a cousin I haven't seen or heard from in 18 years. Needless to say, it's awkward (she's from my mom's ex-husband side of the family).

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search