My turn to rant!!

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2007, 09:08 AM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
I have a rant! It was at the commissary yesterday and I actually went to the manager and that's something I NEVER do. I am one to just let it slide and not worry about it but I was seriously upset yesterday.

Here's the deal: There are 2 expectant and new mothers parking spots at the front of the parking lot to the commissary. I always park in one because there is always one available and I hate walking so far for no reason. Well, this fat, NASTY man with a grodie beard in an old car (with one seatbelt hanging out of the shut passenger door ) BACKED IN (I DETEST THIS) and DOUBLE parked in BOTH expectant and new mothers parking spots!!! I was instantly ticked. First of all, he was definately not a military member. I don't know who he was waiting on! Secondly, IF his wife were pregnant (there's just no way), he could have parked somewhere else and DROVE up and picked her up instead of taking up TWO expectant and new mothers parking spots! I was LIVID. I drove around THREE times and looked at him like "Can you move?!"

Nothing. Finally I had to park at the end of the parking lot and I went inside and told the manager and she said she would get security to tell him to get out of those spots. I was just so mad that he is so fat and lazy and nasty and would rather put out a pregnant woman than AT LEAST only take up ONE spot.

ARGH!!

I definately wanted the bagger to help me with my stuff since I had so far to walk. I was SO MAD. Haha. When I came out, he was gone and a NORMAL person was parked in one of the spots. I was in there for a while though so I'm not sure how he left. First time in a long time that I have wanted to murder someone!!

If Josh would have been there... ha. He would have stopped and walked up to his car and told him to move. I'm not that brave but I was mad.

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 16th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man! That would have really ticked me off too!!

February 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM
klfc28
Thats just rude!!!

Its amazing how lazy people really are!

Good for you on saying something!
February 16th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
At my base, you have to have a special parking permit given by Ob at 35 weeks to be able to park in the designated parking areas.

What a jerkface, probably some retired fat ##### who think he still runs things!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 16th, 2007, 12:22 PM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
February 16th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Vickey
they don't even have those spots on base here. With the lazy plow jobs they do its tricky to walk on the ice and snow...
February 16th, 2007, 02:35 PM
noiefa's Avatar Super Mommy
That man was an idiot, he could have at least pretended he was a retired officer or enlisted and took one of those spots they have at the front.

February 16th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't want to hear about my commissary adventures... We were in Phoenix... we had one of the largest retirement communities... Lets just say my commander got called and he laughed at the old guy...

Thank you Jacquie for the beautiful siggy!

Getting ready to do what I do!!!! One day at a time! Protecting your freedom!
February 16th, 2007, 04:13 PM
LaceyMommy2B
i hate when ppl do that... i am guilty of backing into parking spots tho.. lol.. im always scared that someone is going to hit me when im backing out.. since its happened before!!!
February 16th, 2007, 05:46 PM
mrsroseblack's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: Originally from Texas, In Delaware and moving to Alaska!
Quote:
i hate when ppl do that... i am guilty of backing into parking spots tho.. lol.. im always scared that someone is going to hit me when im backing out.. since its happened before!!![/b]
I mean when they take up 2 spots. Personally, It's easier to back out than in but as long as I'm not WAITING on someone to back in, pull out, straighten up, back in again , I don't care. But they sure as heck better be able to take up 1 spot and not 2!

I don't even know about the permit thing. I need to call and find out. I didn't think you had to have a permit and be that far along to park there. I will check but if I park there, there's almost always the next spot open. (Unless some fat idiot is taking up both.)

Thank you Cherry Berry. for my adorable siggy!

February 16th, 2007, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG I think that would make me crazy. Some people are so rude!

February 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Veteran
UGH!! That used to make me sooooooo mad. On the air force base where I had to go for medical, we had to be 35 weeks and have a hangy sign thing like Ashley said. Our base doesn't even have any. Soooo I made trips to WinnDixie JUST to get those spots.

Oh, and the 'livid'-ness has a lot to do with pregnancy. I had a bad commisary experience when I was pregnant too. And I NEVER get mad enough to spout off to a perfect stranger. Those pregnancy hormones, I tell ya=-wish I had some of those still in me

O/T--Patricia I like your new siggy!!
February 16th, 2007, 08:54 PM
2BigBrothers1LittleSister's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i had a bagger walk my cart to the door where i waited for my car, my mom was with me, and her husband went and got the car, she walked like 20feet and i told her we didnt need her she told me she worked for tips i was so poed! she didnt do anything!

February 16th, 2007, 09:13 PM
babyreaves's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay, I can be a $itch if I have too and especially now that I'm pregnant I don't put up w/BS...I would have stopped my car in front of his and said excuse me this is for pregnant women and new mothers, can you please move so I can park there? If he refused then I would have left my car in front of his and went inside to get the manager and demanded he make the guy move! OOOO I wish someone would do that to me! With all this $ithyness/hormone stuff I am ready to unleash on someone like that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search