We're in Ga..

Forum: Military Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Military Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2007, 02:14 PM
*KeLLy*
We made it in good time. Only took 2 days and we had time to stop in New Orleans and survey the damage of katrina. Still looks bad down there.

We went out to buy the girls a new bed and well first off..you all know how it is learning how to drive in a new place. It can be overwhelming and confusing. Well I got off the 520 to go to this mall. Well I kept trying to get over to turn into it and NOBODY would let me in. THEN this STUPID ****** in behind me in a mini van was LITERALLY LAYING on her horn. I threw the car in park and went to get out of the ###### car to go BEAT HER #####> I was soo pissed off at this point and full of rage that Ed had a hold of my shirt and was screaming at me to just go on down the street. WHY..PLEASE TELL ME WHY.. when ppl see your out of state plates they act like you should KNOW where the hell ur going!????!!!!!PLEASE TELL ME WHY! Not only did this happen to me ONCE, but 3 FREAKING TIMES. I guess the idiots here in GA expect you to floor it, cut ppl off, pull out in front of ppl and drive like a idiot just to meet their standards of driving!! I was so pissed off I swear I wanted to come hom and write a letter to the newspaper. I got out of the car screaming at Ed bc well, it made me feel better and these ppl was starring at me and I was like "ITS RIDICULOUS PPL SEE MILITARY STICKERS ON MY CAR THEY SEE THE OUT OF STATE PLATES, BUT STILL THEY EXPECT ME TO KNOW WHERE THE HELL I"M GOING!! I DON"T KNOW WHERE I"M GOING AUGUSTA~!! YOU CAN ALL KISS MY #####!!" well this woman coming out of pier 1 ed said took off running. My little meltdown did help me. Then, our cable guy from comcast had a all out temper tantrum on us bc we told him we wasn't goin to wait until March 26 to have my ###### cable turned on. He sped off screaming at us then nearly knocked over my mail box. . THEN we get here and the ###### movers dropped our tv and it broke in OOOH about 3 pieces! The military is only goin to give us 300.00 for a 800.00 tv! oogoghghghgh.. other than that..I'm peachy... Instead of Georgia on my mind..its Georgias gonna get a PIECE of my mind. ugh..

we're here.. ooh-rah.
February 20th, 2007, 02:24 PM
pjcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pjcherry Send a message via MSN to pjcherry Send a message via Yahoo to pjcherry
glad you got ther safe and sound

for what is going on
February 20th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Oh sheeesh girl .... you think THAT is bad? Try driving with the morons here in Washington. Seriously. I can't tell you how many times I've almost been run off the freeway trying to merge on because some stupid biiiitch is talking on her fricking cell phone and speeds up so I can't get on. The big rig truck drivers do that same darn thing. It pisses me off so much!!! Little old ladies, young Army guys, mothers with a bunch of filled carseats - local, nonmilitary, military, old, young ... doesn't matter, no one in this stupid state can drive worth a d-mn!!!!!!!

I always enjoy flipping off the little old ladies who cut me off. Hahaha.

And *** ... why is the military only giving you guys $300 for something that is $800 to replace??????

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

February 20th, 2007, 03:06 PM
klfc28
I sorry girl!!!

We all think people in a new state can't drive. I of course think NJ peeps are the good drivers. I thought VA was the worst till I came to Cali!!

Hope it gets better!!!
February 20th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Jen25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dang! That stinks Im glad you made it to Georgia ok, though Hope things start going better for you!

February 20th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Rachel81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ft hood texas is bad too!! haha.. When I first moved down there a few years ago this chick actually came up to my window and started beating on it cause she thought I flipped her off.. OMG i didnt even do it! haha.. trust me I wanted to after that tho..

February 20th, 2007, 07:06 PM
*KeLLy*
Thanks u guys!! I FEEL so much better!! Well I tell u what. I flipped her off and was screaming at her. I swear to GOD if I could have followed her I would have beat the mortal bejezzus outta her. I was so stressed out by that point ...

OH AND GET THIS OUR MOVERS.. DIDN"T have movers!!! WE had to move our stuff in!!!!!! Ed got paid 10.00 an hour for doing it, but still yet.. the truck driver stoopped and asked a guy under a bridge if he'd help move our stuff in and that was the whine-o who dropped our ###### tv. arghghg

The reason why they are only giving us 300 is bc the retail price of a similar tv only costs 300.00. So the military goes with the cheapest one they can find that is similar size and as close as the one u have. The one I have is a Phillips...their looking at a off brand one.
February 21st, 2007, 05:09 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
lol welcome to georgia. i really am not sure how some of these people passed their road test. i have ny plates on my car so you can imagine the hell i get but AT LEAST I KNO HOW TO DRIVE!

comcast is usually really good, im surpised they are giving you a problem. we got our cable box within a week of moving into our house, btw if you internet ever goes out for any reasons (it happens alot here because the wiring is old and it cant handle the load) they will refund you for that WHOLE DAY! trust me it adds up.

and its retarded the movers didnt have movers, i would call transportation and raise hell. if they showed up at my house expecting me to do my whole moving when i opted not to do a dity id flip. get on their ***** kelly. i kno you got it in you!

February 21st, 2007, 02:01 PM
*KeLLy*
Thanks girl.

Well, Ed is supposed to talk to TMO today and he's already complained to them about having to move in. Ed said they sat there shocked going.. "I can't believe that!" well..UMM it happened

He gave Maxwell, AFB hell too when we stayed in TLF there. They came knocking on our door at 8:00 and we had just gotten in at 1am we got the kids to bed at 3 and here they come waking us all up at 8. Ed was so made he demanded we get that stay for free and they finally gave in. Ed told them that our kids was wide awake and we goin to have to drive another 6 hours with cranky babies. Thankfully Diary Queen was in Atlanta and we got them Star Bars which made them happy.

The news here, is doing a special tonight on how bad the drivers are. Now thats BAD!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search