How did you tell your parents you were pregnant?

Forum: Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies and Mommies to Be LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2007, 10:47 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
how did you tell them and how did they react?

February 4th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sat my mom and step dad down. Flat out told them I was pregnant, but of course tears in my eyes. Mommy then said " I knew it, just waited for you to tell me" with a big smile on her face! Mother's instinct is crazy
February 4th, 2007, 11:06 PM
irhungary1988's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aunt told mom. Mom told dad.

Mom tried convincing me that I wasn't healthy enough and that I should consider abortion. Dad didn't say much because he was deployed at the time.

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waTnHuW/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 5th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Veteran
I called my mom while she was at work...She wasn't mad but was in so much shock all she said was "Are you sure?"...When she got home she gave me Jakeb's first stuffed bear

February 5th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just sat all 3 of our parents down and told them together. My Dad was disappointed at first, but he came round very quickly. Chris's Mum cried and his Dad didn't say anything. However they all love Seth and can't wait for the new baby

Becca and Chris, proud young parents to
Seth (2005) Caspar (2007) Tobias (2010)

Missing our beautiful angel in heaven *Iris Winter* 17/8/08 - 21/8/08

February 5th, 2007, 05:24 AM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
I told mom on the computer. I showed her a pic & she started crying she was so happy.
Dad I told on the phone..it was shock 4 him.

Both are very happy.

February 5th, 2007, 05:43 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
I told both my parents over the phone. Well, actually my boyfriend told them lol. My mom was just in complete shock. She didn't want to face it for a long time, but towards the end of my pregnancy she came around and now she loves Mikayla. My dad however, isn't very involved and he never has been. I don't really care about his opinion or if he cares about us...
February 5th, 2007, 08:28 AM
conley1988
1. Just old her in the car. She got test and the next day I was at a clinic and the next day I was on a bus.
2. My child's father emailed her (Paul)
3. She brung home a test and made me take it and told me I was having a abortion.(m/c)
4. My friend told her at the store and when I got home she asked. Then Robert and I confessed but she was happy.
February 5th, 2007, 08:37 AM
~*Brandy*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just told them......they were very happy!!!!

February 5th, 2007, 09:13 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
i told her on the phone..she had thought i was still a virgin lol

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
February 5th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Regular
Hi, just wanted to ask everybody what their parents were like before. Everybodys parents seems so amazing and accepting of their grandchildren (who are all very beautiful btw), I'm possibly pregnant (finding out within the next week) and if I am I really dont think my parents are going to be very happy. I was just wondering what your parents were like before, like if they ever warned you that "getting pregnant will ruin your life" ect. My mom is famous for saying it and it really bugs me because i'm sure its not the case. If I am pregnant, I want my parents to be accepting of this child. Is there anyone out there who does not have their parents support? or anyone who never thought their parents would accept it, but was supprised?
February 5th, 2007, 10:51 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
when I was pregnant with Matthew, we bought both our parents a little bouquet of 3 roses with a note that said "can't wait to meet you in june."

with this one, we took an old t shirt of Matthew's and wrote "big brother" on it
February 5th, 2007, 12:11 PM
irishxrose
I just showed my mom the test. She was pissed. I told my dad on the phone.
February 5th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Faith&KatiesMommy
my mom thought joey and i had a meeting at his work, but we really had a meeting with the doctor.. when we got back she asked how his meeting went, and i said 'mom i need to tell you something' and as i looked over at her i started to cry.. and all she said was 'no... no... your just a baby!!' hugged me then eventually said 'i'm actually kind of excited'.... i left telling my dad up to her... he just hugged me, said 'stuff happens.. we'll all get through it together'
February 5th, 2007, 03:18 PM
tkay88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
<div align="center">I was so scared to tell my parents, i thought they'd flip(i didn't tell her till i was 11 - 12 weeks),cause i'd just had a major bust-up with my bf and she thought it was cause he was 9 yeas older and that it made him paranoid i'd cheat on him (go figure)!!!! I told my mum over the phone, when she was at work! I was like ''i need to tell you something, but i can't'' she was like ''is it financial'' i said no. she said ''medical'' and i was like ''kinda'' so she asked if i was pregnant and i told her that i was! At this point i was in tears! She was like ''it's ok these things happen, what do you wanna do'' i just told her that there was not much i could do (not that i was gonna do anything BUT have this baby!) She called my dad and told him! He just said to tell me that whatever i chose they'd stick by me! I was in total shock! I was expecting shouting and major dissapointment......but no!!!!!

**BTW, sorry it's so long, lol.</div>
February 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
oweyma309's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to oweyma309 Send a message via MSN to oweyma309
It was the day after I found out and I couldnt keep it from her any longer, my mom and I have a very close relationship and talk about everything, I was worried because I knew she wouldnt be very happy with me. DH came with me to tell them. I told her that DH and I wanted to get married sooner, and she instantly knew what I was going to say. She said "Your dad is going to be so mad" and she told my dad. He wasnt, he was actually very supportive of me. My mom was disappointed for awhile but came around after we found out what we were having. Now they cant get enough of him. Owen and my dad are best buds

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search