Log In Sign Up

Brandon Michaels Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2007, 09:25 PM
itsymama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Peoria IL
Posts: 2,048
Send a message via Yahoo to itsymama
Okies , here it go's , not really that empowering or anything and maybe a few what not to do's in there too lol .

Brandon Michael , born August 3rd 2004 at 8:13 pm
7 lbs 7 oz 21 in long , he was born 6 day's before my due date !

I was at home alone while hubby was at work , I had been having BH for a few weeks so the ones I was having that day were not really bothering me much , it was around 5 pm when I started to walk around the block waiting on hubby to get home , he would get home anywhere from 5 to 10 pm ! So after about an hour of walking I started to notice that the contractions were allot different from the BH but I kept walking because it just felt better , I would stop by the house for a drink and bathroom break then would get back to walking .

So I walked for about 2 hours now and it was about 7 pm , I kind knew we would be going to the hospital that night cause I was now timing the contractions and they were getting around 7 to 10 mins apart and getting stronger , I called my mom just to let her know what was going on ect and was still walking when hubby got home at 8 pm . I called my doc because my contractions were now 5 mins apart and gave them the heads up , hubby took a shower and I got my bag and things ready and called my parents to let them know I was going in , we lived an hour or more away from the hospital and they lived about 30 to 40 mins away so we agreed we would call from the hospital if they needed to come to the hospital too . We get in the really bumpy bronco we had at the time that smelled like gas and was to high for me to get into by myself lol , I sat on a pillow and had one on my back too and knowing they wouldn't let me eat once there I ate a handful of nutra grain bars on the way there .

We get to the hospital at around 9:45ish and go up to L&D where they hook me up to see if they thought I was really in labor or not , I still walked as much as I could while there cause it just felt better for me , about an hour later they said yup we are going to admit you ! This was the first trip to the hospital too , so we never had any false alarms lol . We called my parents and told them they could go ahead and head over then got all set in our room . I really wanted to keep walking but I was tired by then too so we stayed in the room pretty much from then on , parents got there and it was all exciting !

Labor got to going more and and started to be pretty darn intense , I don't really remember what I was when they checked me because I didn't really care that much , I knew at some point I would get there anyway so it wasn't a big deal . Around 8ish am they started some pitocin , had I known what I do now I wouldn't have let them , but anyhoo that made the contractions start to hurt REALLY bad , but at the same time it wasn't all painful but VERY intense , I didn't vocalize like I thought I would through them , but rather I would get very quiet and just focus on getting through it , my mom was the one who started asking me about an epi , then hubby stated to agree , I hadn't really let them know that I really didn't want that or they wouldn't have , but around 6 pm 24 full hours since it all started I had an epi done and it HURT LIKE HECK !!! I totally hated it and wished I hadn't gotten it , I do remember that from around 4 or 5 pm till then I had not gotten past 9 CM dilated , and because of the pitocin the babies head was getting swollen from pushing against me so at 8 pm 26 hours into labor they took me in for a c-section even though me and baby were both perfectly fine and healthy , had I known what I do now I would have told then to stop all drugs and let me start walking as soon as I could , and that may have helped me get to 10 CM and let me push , but I didn't know all that so c-section it was .

I already had the epi so it all went pretty quick , me and hubby were in there , me on the bed arms out to the side with some O2 on me , hubby was in scrubs and mask and so cute lol , I could feel the doc pulling on my tummy from side to side which was actually them cutting me open , and with in 15 mins I heard my lil boy cry ! I didn't realize it then but hubby was too lol , I started soon after , they get him wrapped and wiped of a lil and bring him over or me to kiss and see before stitching me up and taking him for cleaning ect , I don't really remember but the anesthesiologist took a first family picture of the 3 of us which is hanging in our living room right now , it came to us weeks later in the mail and was a big surprise cause neither me or hubby remembered it being taken lol .

Hubby went with baby to the nursery and my mom and dad got to watch through the window and took some pic's too , you can tell hubby had been crying in them , I was taken to recovery and was SO thirsty I was asking or a button to suck on to help wet my mouth , I couldn't even hardly swallow , it was awful . About on hour later I was taken to my baby room where my parents finally got to see me , soon after hubby went and got our lil boy and I got to FINALLY hold him , he nursed great and never cried for those first few hours , I was SO sore but didn't really care at that point .

He did have a heart murmur and was found to have an ASD and he had a ductal shelf , but it really didn't worry me too much because I know how common those really are , they self corrected by 6 months anyway . He had to be circumcised later on because the hospital didn't want to do it with the murmur even though it would have been fine . We got to go home 4 day's later and here we are getting ready to do it all again only WAY differently lol .

Will post a pic or two when we get our scanner hooked up lol .
~~Rachel~~ Crafty ~ Cloth Diapering ~ Breastfeeding ~ Co-Sleeping ~ Slightly Crunchy Green Mommy to

Brandon Michael Born By Cesarean 8-3-04 ~ Hannah Elizabeth Born By Natural VBAC 1-14-08 ~ Surprise Baby Love Due 1-18-11

Reply With Quote
October 9th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Fluffy Baby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SW FL
Posts: 8,785
Thanks for sharing your story! Hindsight is 20/20. I thought I was really prepared. I should have found more out about pitocin also!

I can't wait to see a pic!
Leann <3 Hector
My trio: Alyssa 7, Tristan 4.75, Gavin 1.5

I am a mixture of all that and a bag of chips... IJS

Rest In Peace Jennifer <3

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0