Log In Sign Up

Logan Leo

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Inspirations LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2016, 02:00 AM
Loving My Piglets
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: England, UK
Posts: 34,596
I was diagnosed with cancer at 24 weeks pregnant, Logan went through an MRI at 25 weeks pregnant and then under a general anesthetic at 28 weeks pregnant while I had my mastectomy, which is not recommended, it can put you into premature labour and although I didn't go into labour he became very quiet and didn't move as much.They decided Logan needed to be born at 31 weeks as my cancer was more aggressive than they first thought and I needed to begin aggressive treatment.
I went in for a c-section on Thursday 9th July 2015 and Logan was born at 10.35am weighing 3lbs 14oz.. He was really poorly and although I had two doses of steroids to try and mature his lungs he was really struggling, he went straight onto a ventilator for respiratory distress he had suspected sepsis, a heart murmur and jaundice, was put on antibiotics and sedated for pain management.
After spending an hour in recovery I got wheeled round to have a peek at him.
The next day as he was still on the ventilator he had to be transferred to a bigger and better hospital that cares for sicker babies an hour away so off he went while I was stuck in the hospital he was born in.
He stayed there for four days and during the four days his dad traveled on the bus to see him daily and take photos/videos and send them to me.
He was transferred back at 5 days old in the evening and we got to hold him for the first time, he was also off the ventilator and onto the one that is a step up from normal oxygen, his heart murmur had cleared up on its own and he was off the antibiotics.
He spent four weeks in special care and amazed us all with his determination, considering how sick he was when he was first born he came on leaps and bounds, going onto normal oxygen, maintaining own temp and eating from a bottle at 34 weeks.
At 35 weeks he got to come home, at 5lbs, breathing on his own and eating.
..together for 12 years..

R (10) 24.04.06 - our little angel
R (9) 07.06.07
L (8) 05.06.08
L (6) 26.04.10
C (3) 15.02.13

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0