On the topic of co-sleeping...

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I always put Gabriella to bed in her co-sleeper right next to my side of the bed to start the night, but after she wakes up I usually keep her in bed with me.

Two nights ago, I woke up from a really scary dream and Gabriella was laying next to my my legs- her head towards the end of the bed. I don't remember why or how she got there- nor do I remember picking her up. (most nights I don't remember too much because it's just natural for me to pick her up and feed her).

Why do you think I did this? Do you think it's not safe for me to co-sleep since I did something like that?

February 11th, 2009, 08:47 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
I just have to say that I think she look's like Nolan so much!! She's so cute....Maybe she just squirmed around with out you knowing. I wouldn't be to worried...I know when we Co-sleep Im always aware of whats going on....Im sure weither you know it or not you are too.
February 12th, 2009, 07:35 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She probably just squirmed around without you realizing it. Lochlann does that a lot, he actually did it last night and the only way we know is because we get a good kick in the ribs or stomach. I'm a very light sleeper but I don't wake up with every wiggle and squirm. He's never fallen off the bed or even come close. I'm sure you're much more aware than you realize.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 12th, 2009, 08:07 AM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
Well, I don't cosleep so take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm trying to get it straight- you fell asleep with her in the cosleeper BESIDE the bed, and woke up with her IN it? And you don't remember putting her in the bed? I'd be worried if you don't even remember picking her up and moving her to your bed. But if it was just her squirming, probably not so much as a big deal. I think that if this is something that worries you, you should trust your instincts. Maybe a couple nights trial of transitioning her to her crib? Just my two cents.....

Come visit my blog!
February 12th, 2009, 08:32 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You know Melissa, Lochlann is in a completely different room than us when he starts off the night. I go in and get him when we wakes up and keep him in bed with us. The boys' room is down the other end of the hall so it's not like it's just next door. Most of the time, if I'm really asleep when he gets up, I don't remember bringing him into bed with us at all. It think at some point it just gets so routine it doesn't even register anymore. Especially with you not even having to get out of bed to get her. She probably woke up, you nursed her, and laid her down and didn't even remember doing it. I know there's plenty of mornings when I couldn't remember if I nursed Lochlann or not or how he even got into our bed in the first place. But I know I brought him in because I'm the only one who does and I've been doing it forever!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search