Swollen fingers

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2009, 06:45 AM
ANGWife
Even though every one keeps telling me my bump is small, my fingers and knuckles have gotten too swollen to wear my wedding ring anymore. Did/has anyone else bought a cheap ring to wear for the last few months? I don't want to put my wedding ring on a chain because I'm afraid the clasp will break. DH thinks I'm silly for even caring if I have something on my ring finger.

Like a week ago, I started only wearing slip on shoes because my feet have gotten bigger too. The only ones that fit are my crocs.
February 22nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't have the symptom of my other body parts swelling but personally, I probably would not buy a cheaper ring to wear. I'd just take it off and put it up until the LO was here. But that's just me. If you really want to continue wearing a ring then I guess a cheap one would work.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
February 22nd, 2009, 09:02 AM
*Fiona*
I was lucky and didn't have swelling either... until after she was born. My ankles were a hellish size!!
February 22nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My fingers swell and shrink just from the hot & cold to the point that a ring that is tight enough to leave a mark on my finger in the summer when my hands are swollen will straight up just FALL OFF in the winter. It's a problem, it's not like I can go sizing the dang thing 2x/yr. My hands get REALLY swollen whenever I work out. So I imagine that swelling will be a big problem for me when I'm pregnant. I've already thought about that and definitely plan on buying a cheapie wedding band to wear when my rings don't fit. Call me shallow, but I don't want other people getting the impression.

February 22nd, 2009, 12:24 PM
ANGWife
Quote:
Call me shallow, but I don't want other people getting the impression.[/b]
That's how i feel
February 22nd, 2009, 12:46 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
My fingers were so swollen when I was pregnant with Lily that I couldn't wear my ring anymore either - and that started around 28 or so weeks! I bought a cheapo wedding band and wore that until the swelling went down, which was around my sixth postpartum week. This time around, I didn't have any swelling until literally the day I went into labor, I guess my body started retaining as much water as possible in anticipation of labor/delivery. I'm wearing my fake band again, I actually had a woman flat out ask me if I was married when I was at the post office a month or so ago because she couldn't see my left hand behind my handbag.

February 22nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
ShannonMVT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd get a cheapo band to wear.

My SIL isn't married, but wore a ring while she was preggo because my MIL told her (and SIL agreed) that people treat you differently if they think you are pregnant and not married (at least around here) especially since she was on Medicare, they were even more likely to judge in her case.

February 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have swelling either until the day I delivered but thankfully my wedding band is a bit big and still fit (my engagement ring holds it on pretty much). But I think a cheapie would be just fine to wear to show your committement to your hubby thru all this. DH's wedding band flew off his finger on a busy highway one day never to be seen again....he wore a cheapie for about a year until we could get back to Aruba to buy another one (sentimental thing!). So I say go for the cheapie!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search