Pissed Off!

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2009, 10:44 AM
n/a
I feel very angry lately. First, I am still pissed about that thing I wrote about in the private forum. I do not see how my DH would have lost out to their winner. Well obviously I am biased but seriously I can't be THAT biased!!

Then, after reading a birth story from a certain someone I am beyond FURIOUS with parts of the medical community now. I will be having a more in depth talk with my doctor at today’s appt.

AND, with all this house stuff I am sick and tired of dealing with people that think they can pull one over on us. Like the loan officer at our credit union (we are getting new cars since one is dead and the other is near death). She told us she could match any rate we get at another bank since we have what they call A+ credit, but then cautioned about how we would have to take hit after hit on our credit. Listen lady, we know how it works. It all acts as one hit if it is done within a 14 day time span. We just bought a freaking house, of course we know things! How the heck does she think we got A + credit in the first place—its b/c I know my s*** and boosted Dustin’s score years ago from the 500’s to the 750’s all within a year due to my mad skillz and knowledge.

And then this A-hole Sears guy who was selling us water heaters. We asked him about the installation cost if the venting for the water heater goes through the ceiling old-school style (the house is over 60 years old) instead of up to code which is horizontal venting at an angle or something (we are deciding between replacing and leaving the venting as is or moving the water heater entirely which would bring it up to code). He then proceeded to tell us how if we ever want to sell the house, everything needs to be up to code. What a freaking moron!! The dang house has galvanized pipes in its guts for crying out loud, and that sure the hell isn't code. A lot of things on older homes are not up to code. It isn't like a new home. UGH I could go on and on. What a freaking moron, he sells water heaters for crying out loud and now thinks he is a realtor & a general contractor!! (And by up to code we weren’t talking about things like the roof being good or the house having windows—you know what I mean). So I looked him dead in the eye, told him what he just said was ridiculous, and told him to shove off.

And then it just goes on and on; mattress salesmen (the worst) that try to pull one over on you (give us a refundable $50 deposit to save today’s sale! Yeah *$%# right A-hole!), car salesmen and co-workers. I want to b* slap them all!!

So anyways, anyone else having some anger issues lately?

February 24th, 2009, 11:39 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Sounds like you need to go get yourself a prenatal massage ASAP!!! I hope things get better soon!

I understand totally about what [email protected]@hats people are, I think it just gets worse and worse. And I despise Sears! We will never buy anything from them again--complete morons! We had a "straw that broke the camel's back" situation when we got a new refrigerator this past summer.

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 24th, 2009, 12:58 PM
n/a
So far I think Sears is a pita too.

Thanks for the hugs. I feel sooo much better just ranting it out No one wants to hear all the positive stuff going on anyways--it isn't as interesting

And as for the massage-yes please! Icould use it.
February 24th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
February 24th, 2009, 03:12 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
Well, you know you can count me in on the anger issues with the medical community...

February 24th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just had this picture in my head of you running around with one of those big sports games #1 foam fingers, except it wasn't the pointer that was up.

Seriously, though, I'm sorry you're dealing with a bunch of douches.

And btw, please do share your mad credit skillz because my SO could totally use your pointers!

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
February 24th, 2009, 07:13 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Girl I am WITH YOU. I am so freaking fed up with my FMIL, I am not even speaking to her right now. And seriously, we're getting RSVPs in from the wedding and apparently our friends/family are MORONS. We have had two people ask to bring their younger sisters... and now Ben's random aunt who we were told wouldn't be coming b/c she's up in Chicago IS coming and is BRINGING HER BEST FRIEND. *** people, this isn't a cake & punch reception at the church hall... this is EXPENSIVE. And it is NOT YOUR FAMILY REUNION. I had to cut people from my guest list that I'd actually like to have there, NOT so you can include whoever the f you want! pshh! Seriously, we wanted 75-80 people. We have pre-paid for that many people. We wound up inviting 180. So obviously we're hoping/planning for some "No's" on the RSVP front, and so far all we've gotten are yeses that include people who are NOT invited. WTH!?

I am FUMING lately with all this wedding RSVP crap and FMIL being freaking stupid. FFIL is a whole other brand of moron. This morning, I went from explaining one RSVP and SCREAMING like a total bridezilla, to leading right into another story where I was CRYING. I am all over the place.

It sucks.

I'm sorry people are giving you the run around and being stupid, I don't know why people can't just be freaking NORMAL.

February 24th, 2009, 09:43 PM
JustBreathe
and to all!
February 25th, 2009, 07:12 AM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm an angry preggo woman right now over baby bedding. I cannot find ANYTHING I like for a baby girl....everything I pick DH says looks too masculine....that's cause I like the boy stuff. I am not a girly girl and I cannot stand pink. And all the purple stuff (which I LOVE purple) is just cheap and gawdy looking. Ahhhhhh...I'm getting stressed over it.

Plus I feel like when I fax in my blood sugars today they are going to put me on insulin shots and I am terrified.....

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

February 25th, 2009, 08:07 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I'm an angry preggo woman right now over baby bedding. I cannot find ANYTHING I like for a baby girl....everything I pick DH says looks too masculine....that's cause I like the boy stuff. I am not a girly girl and I cannot stand pink. And all the purple stuff (which I LOVE purple) is just cheap and gawdy looking. Ahhhhhh...I'm getting stressed over it.

Plus I feel like when I fax in my blood sugars today they are going to put me on insulin shots and I am terrified..... [/b]
Have you tried babysupermall.com? You can browse by gender/color/theme. This is what I got when I put in girl and purple:
http://babysupermall.com/cgi-bin/bedding-c...ormat=bedthumbs

I hope you don't need to get on insulin shots!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 25th, 2009, 08:32 AM
n/a
Krista--I pulled his free report from all 3 bureaus and the major things I did was dispute anything on his reports that was over 3 years old (I think the statute of limitations is 3 years). If you report something as an error to the bureaus, the creditor has to respond and provide proof within 30 days or it comes off your credit report. I also wrote to his credit union telling them he was a good member for years and only had one 30 day + late payment showing on his report from them. I asked them to remove it and they changed the way they reported his credit history so it was removed. And then we made the mistake of paying off a small collection he had from some speeding ticket he apparently didn't pay when he was 19. When you pay it, the collector can then "update" your account and so the 3 year statute of limitations limit is extended an additional 3 years! So after that did in fact happen, we disputed it hoping they would just not respond, and the creditor didn't respond to the dispute so it got taken off. That is why some people say it is better to not pay off an old collection, but instead dispute it so it comes off your credit. But they may always sell it to a new collector so that doesn’t always work. Really, it only took a month or so to get every negative thing off there, but he didn't have anything too bad on his credit that was very recent. I would double check on that 3 year statute of limitation limit though b/c I think it gets tricky with certain collections/accounts or depends on your state, I can't remember right now. Oh yeah and I forgot the big thing I did. I added him to my credit card when we were still dating, a card I had had since 2000 and made perfect payments on. When I did that, he got the entire history as if he had been making those payments the entire time. That boosted his credit a lot! So if you have something like that going on, try it! But you have to ask the credit card company specifically if they will do that. I asked two of mine, and one would add him without pulling his credit and report the entire history on his report, and the other wouldn't.
Ok that was really long but I hope it helps. I did all of this after making him pay off a car loan and close some accounts too. I was controlling the money after maybe 2 months of dating! He prefers it that way though.

Shannon--That is the WORST thing about wedding planning, imo. The tactlessness of some people inviting others, like HELLO!? That happened to us and my cousin too when we were helping her with her wedding. It is beyond ridiculous! The wedding is not for them to get together with their bestest friends like YOUR wedding is some sort of entertainment for them. Otherwise, there would be a cover charge! Your wedding is fast approaching, right? The nice thing is that once your day arrives, you won't be thinking about the rsvps or the asshats, and then you will have a beautiful wedding day and honeymoon, and no more planning! But I hear ya, that s* is stressful. It really boggles me how DUMB some people can be.

Keri--well if you find cute boy bedding, let me know b/c I am having major probs finding anything I like. I agree though that some of the pink stuff looks very gaudy. I had my GD test yesterday and will see how that goes. I hope you don't need the insulin! KUP
February 25th, 2009, 10:19 AM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:

Plus I feel like when I fax in my blood sugars today they are going to put me on insulin shots and I am terrified..... [/b]
Have you tried babysupermall.com? You can browse by gender/color/theme. This is what I got when I put in girl and purple:
http://babysupermall.com/cgi-bin/bedding-c...ormat=bedthumbs

I hope you don't need to get on insulin shots!

[/b]
Jenn - thanks! I did find this site but didn't realize you could narrow it down like that. I'll take a closer look tonight.

Quote:
Keri--well if you find cute boy bedding, let me know b/c I am having major probs finding anything I like. I agree though that some of the pink stuff looks very gaudy. I had my GD test yesterday and will see how that goes. I hope you don't need the insulin! KUP[/b]
I will girl! I've found alot of cute things....I'll let you know. I actually have my doggie set from Harrison still if you want a whole set for free - I'll ship it to you. It's in perfect shape and has everything, blanket, bedskirt, bumper, valance, diaper holder....even a cute mobile! Seriously!!!!

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

February 25th, 2009, 01:10 PM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
hun xx
February 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OT (not trying to jack your thread here), but thanks for the credit repair tips, I really appreciate it! I'm copying that and saving it on my computer so that I have a reference. I'm definitely going to have to try adding him to my credit cards.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!
February 25th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Garfieldbear's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow, you are one smart chick to help out your hubby that way

February 26th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Insulin is not that bad.. If they put you on insulin, ask for the pen.. It will make your injections more sterile, verses drawing it up yourself.. Plus, checking your bloods sugars hurts more then injecting insulin.. It's really not that bad.. I use to give myself injections in my stomach towards the bottom, it didn't hurt at all.. Just remember bevel up!

And ignore what people say about mom's using insulin.. There's so many negative comments out there.. Formula fed babies are going to be fat, Babies that have GD mom's are going to be fat, blah blah blah blah.. People use to tell me this, but I look back and laugh at them Since Adriana is in the 25th percentile in all of her measurement and she's growing evenly. They don't say that stuff to me anymore.. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search