How old was your baby when...

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2009, 07:14 AM
*Fiona*
How old was your baby when...

- they went into the "big cot" from the moses basket?

- they went into their own room?
February 26th, 2009, 07:29 AM
**Jenn**'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Things were wonky with Liam so I'll just say what we did with Lochlann.

We coslept full time from birth to 4 months. At 4 months he started off the night in a porta crib in our room and for naps. At 6 months we transitioned him to his big crib in his own room for naps and to start off the night. After the first time he wakes up he would come into bed with us--we still do this. Thought last night he slept all the way through in his crib!!!!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches

February 26th, 2009, 07:36 AM
IamMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Harrison was in a pack 'n play from the very first night until about three months (in our room). I went back to work at 12 weeks so that is when he went into his crib in his own room (we started transitioning and working on taking some naps in the crib etc. at about 8 weeks!)

"Children too are a gift from the LORD, the fruit of the womb, a reward."
Psalm 127:3

February 26th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I haven't BTDT but I want to move Amara to her crib in her own room when she turns 6 weeks. Granted her bassi is part of her pack n play so she could probably sleep in there until she starts to roll over, etc. but I want to try her in her own room a then and see how it goes.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
February 26th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well.. I can't answer because he has been in my bed from the start. I have heard others say 2-3 months and then to the crib.
February 26th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Frozendesire's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Frozendesire
Dustin started out in his crib. I didn't want any transfer issues, plus there is no reason for us to have both since our place is so small. His crib is right next to my side of the bed.

Thats what we did for Curtis as well. Then we moved him into his own room around 8 months I think?

February 26th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Angelaosaurus-rex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Landen still sleeps with me but I'm pretty sure he could have handled being in his own room at 3 months.

Thanks so much to Helen for my beautiful siggy

February 26th, 2009, 09:07 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When we first brought Taylor home she HATED her bassinet so she coslept with us for 2 months. We tried her bassinet again and she slept in there till she was 4 months and I moved her to her crib where she's been ever since

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

February 26th, 2009, 09:18 AM
*Fiona*
We were thinking about popping Kirsty into her big cot in her own room either from tonight or starting sometime soon. She stirs a lot and with us going to bed, moving in bed, DH snoring, she seems to be restless. Plus the healt visitor today said, as long as I'm confident she is clean and her tummy is full, we should try to put her in her bed thru the night and let her cry a bit more instead of she only cries a wee bit and we pick her up.

She went to sleep by herself this afternoon, in her cot, so there's no reason why she can't do that most or all the time. Little madam!
February 26th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
We co-sleep - won't be ending anytime soon. She's only been in her crib a few times

February 26th, 2009, 11:41 AM
HopeWishWait's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Conner has been sleeping in his crib every night except the first he was home. We were going to put him in a cradle in our room but he hated it so he moved into his room/crib the next night. It's right next to our room which is great and it's gone really well for us so far.

February 26th, 2009, 01:02 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
We co sleep with Phineas, Aden slept in our bed until she was like 2.5 months old and started sleeping through the night.

OMG- and Phin SLEPT ALL NIGHT LAST NIGHT!!! From about 10-10:30 until 5:45! I was so happy, hopefully it's a repeat perfomance!
February 26th, 2009, 01:23 PM
*Fiona*
That's like our house, Caitlyn, her room is right next door. I've just put her to bed in her cot in her room, so we'll see how it goes tonight.
February 26th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Adriana was in our room for the first 3 months in her pack in play.. NEVER in our bed.. Then we moved her into her own room..

February 26th, 2009, 02:38 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Seamus went to his own room at around 10months old. He some times still sleeps with us.

We co-slept though. And his crib broke cause I tried to move it stupidly and broke a piece, we didnt' get the replacement till he was about 15mo so thats when he started sleeping in his own crib.

February 26th, 2009, 10:20 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
We still co-sleep most of the time. Well she start's out in our bed then when I go to bed I move her to the PnP next to our bed. Then If she wakes in the middle of the night or early in the morning I move her back into our bed. Since she is still swaddled I dont want to leave her in her crib by her self. Im afraid she'll roll over and wont be able to get back over. That and right now It's freezeing IN there!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search