well....I got an ultrasound today....UPDATED

WTTC Graduates

For WTTC Members who are now TTC or pregnant.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To WTTC Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 28th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was sooooo sick yesterday I had to miss school. I had some pains in my left side again and lower back so since I knew the dr would just tell me to wait again I went to the er this am.

I got an u/s and more quants.

Levels so far:
BFP on answer test July 12, bled June 3 and July 6th.

July 13: 17
July 15: 21
July 17: 37
July 21: 129
July 23: 218
Today July 28: (At a different lab) 429

So they did an US telling me they most likely couldn't see anything.

They saw a thickened lining. LOL THEN....when she did the internal one she said hmmm....I think I'm creating something but this MIGHT be a bubble. Well the radiologist said that bubble was a tiny gestational sac 3-4mm in size. They said it was amazing she even got it, that the bleeding I had in July must have been a period and I'm only about 3-4 weeks along.....which means I got the bfp pretty much at implantation by shear luck. BUT if I'm only 3weeks----which is what the US looks like my levels are a bit high for that, but it could just be 4 weeks too.....so 3-4 weeks. GEESH! on the bright side: It is NOT ectopic and my bladder is fine and dandy. The cramping is just normal.

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!

Last edited by Mjp121212; July 29th, 2009 at 02:24 PM. Reason: update
July 28th, 2009, 06:19 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Was it hard to change your ticker back like 3+ weeks? I would have a hard time going backwards. Are they concerned at all that your numbers didn't even double in fives days or does that somehow differ from lab to lab?

July 28th, 2009, 06:30 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm...this is all a bit odd. If I were you I'd request another u/s in 2 weeks.

July 28th, 2009, 06:51 PM
The dr said it could be different due to the labs. I'm concerned too And my family doesn't understand at all....they keep telling me everything is fine and I'm just paranoid. The lady wouldn't even give me a picture she said she wasn't sure if it was a gestational sac or not so she wouldn't do it. At the very least she could have given me a picture so show you all so I could get some feedback I've looked up 4wk gestational ultrasounds and they all look like what she showed me on the screen. She wouldn't even let me watch I MADE her show me the one bubble shot at the end! I am going to call my dr tomorrow, they were out by the time I got out of the stupid ER today.

July 28th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
For reference, this was mine a exactly 5 weeks:

July 28th, 2009, 07:24 PM
..Penelope..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're going through this, hon. I hope that your doctor is able to give you some answers. Thinking of you and your bean.

Missing our angel baby since Feb 7, 2009

Visit
BeaMade for unique, adorable, high quality handmade crochet hats and booties, velcro free soother clips and soft sole baby boots.
July 28th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Sam....looked like that but smaller. And the lady was nuts. She said there was nothing on the chart that small to date it. I looke dup normal average sac sizes and guess what.....4weeks gestation 3mm sac and it grows 1mm per day until 9wks. My levels are 3 points higher than the level for 4weeks.....if I ovulated a few days late and the bleeding I had was IB then that would make me 4 wks. Ok...so maybe my family is right, maybe I am paranoid

July 29th, 2009, 01:34 AM
~* Helen *~'s Avatar A Prince And 2 Princess's
Aww I hope you can work it out !!
July 29th, 2009, 04:59 AM
JustBreathe
I'm really praying for you and your bean Missy!!!
July 29th, 2009, 09:25 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So when is the next one scheduled for?
July 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM
*kyle*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm pulling for you and the tiny bean! Grow bean grow!!!

July 29th, 2009, 02:05 PM
ok....just heard back from my ob.

They don't think they are gonna do anymore quants, though the nurse said she would ask the dr again, but she didn't see the need for it since they were looking for an ectopic but the gest. sac is in my uterus.

I said but what about the levels and such and this was her response:
1.) There is a big difference in the labs and the two labs in question vary drastically in their results usually. The 429 is right on for 4weeks.

2.) I had my period on June 3, it was LATE----by about 4 days. She said that I must have ovulated later in June also since my cycles have been so screwy since Feb of last year. She said the bleeding I had July6th-9th had to have been implantation bleeding and that by sheer luck of the draw I caught the bfp on the 12th since I really had no reason to test. I only tested so the dr could order provera since my period was a bit late and much lighter and I expected problems! She said if you consider the bleed as IB, then Ovulation occured about a week or so before that, I must have tested at approximately 10dpo. And that accounts for such drastically low numbers----the embryo (actually still a blastocyte I think at that point) was just getting going! So the 4weeks is an accurate estimate.

The other U/S is scheduled for Aug 20th, which would put me at about 7weeks.

And for the record: I'm confused but it's ok.

July 29th, 2009, 04:12 PM
ETanny's Avatar Mamma 2 Moo & Pops
Send a message via MSN to ETanny
hopfully the time will fly by for you x

July 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjp121212 View Post
ok....just heard back from my ob.

They don't think they are gonna do anymore quants, though the nurse said she would ask the dr again, but she didn't see the need for it since they were looking for an ectopic but the gest. sac is in my uterus.

I said but what about the levels and such and this was her response:
1.) There is a big difference in the labs and the two labs in question vary drastically in their results usually. The 429 is right on for 4weeks.

2.) I had my period on June 3, it was LATE----by about 4 days. She said that I must have ovulated later in June also since my cycles have been so screwy since Feb of last year. She said the bleeding I had July6th-9th had to have been implantation bleeding and that by sheer luck of the draw I caught the bfp on the 12th since I really had no reason to test. I only tested so the dr could order provera since my period was a bit late and much lighter and I expected problems! She said if you consider the bleed as IB, then Ovulation occured about a week or so before that, I must have tested at approximately 10dpo. And that accounts for such drastically low numbers----the embryo (actually still a blastocyte I think at that point) was just getting going! So the 4weeks is an accurate estimate.

The other U/S is scheduled for Aug 20th, which would put me at about 7weeks.

And for the record: I'm confused but it's ok.

If you got a on the 12th and you were 10 DPO... then you conceived on July 2nd. That would make you 5 weeks 6 days - not 4 weeks.

July 29th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm rooting for you and that everything is perfect!!

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
July 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM
bittersweet's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is all very confusing. Shannon is right about the dates though. I just dont see how you could only be 4 weeks now since you got your BFP back in mid July. It is pretty rare to get a BFP before 10 DPO, the earliest I've heard of is 8DPO.

I dont think this will become anymore clear until the next u/s. How are you feeling??

July 30th, 2009, 07:18 AM
hmmm Shannon....that's right. I have no idea. Last time U/S showed I got pg on Nov 2, bfp on Nov 11. HmmmI don't know!

How I'm feeling? Eh....so so. I felt ok yesterday just sore bb's. This am I got pretty sick and my bb's feel as if they've been through some serious trench warfare! OMG I got out of bed and they hurt soooooooo bad! But Monday and Tuesday were horrid days for sickness. I was sick all day!

I know my level on Monday the 13 was 17, so the dr said it was pretty shocking I got the bfp anyway. But I know things are progressing, levels keep going up. i dunno.....we'll see I guess. Not too far off.

No cramping, so spotting, no bleeding of anykind. The pain I was having is gone now after the ER. But they had to cath me for the U/S----don't ask. Horrible story there and the U/S techs were even upset over it! My bladder was already full but they did it anyway so the tec hs could fill my bladder....duh it was full already! But at anyrate, when they did that it helped the pain. That and my back literally shifted when the dr barely mashed on my tummy.....it made my lower back shift over and pop. I instantly felt better.

I just checked the calendar.....I couldn't have conceived on the 2nd. It had to be the 5th.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search