Log In Sign Up

My Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,400
Indiana Marley Williams
July 9 2008- Born via C Section
8 lbs 4 oz- 18 inches long

Okay I'm going to make this quick because believe it or not, I've been trying to write this story for weeks and every time Indiana needs me and I have to step away from the computer! What can I say? My new life as a mother!

A few days before I went into labour I started to feel crampy. I knew that the baby was coming any day and I began to panic because I had SO much work to do at work. On Friday July 4, I worked all day and ignored the cramps. When I left that day for the weekend, I begged Indiana to wait until at least Monday so that I could finish the paperwork I needed to do at work. Ha Ha! I worked from home all weekend because I knew that the baby was coming.

Monday came and went and I worked a 12 hour day at work to get all of my work accomplished. When I finished work that day, I breathed a sigh of relief. I told Indiana that she was free to come now that I finished my the paperwork I had to do, even though my last day was technically another few days and my due date another week!
I guess she listened to me!

On Tuesday morning I woke up with intense cramps and exhausted, so I called in sick. I figured I overworked myself the day before. However the cramps did not go away so I literally warned the family that the baby could come any minute. I went to a family BBQ that evening and I didn't get home until 11 PM. My older sister (who was my planned ride to the hospital) dropped me off at home and I literally warned her that I was probably going to call her in a few hours. She was excited.

At home I realized that my cramps were getting more intense but they weren't super painful. Could these be contractions? I began to time them and they were happening every 10 minutes or so. I got into bed and went to sleep. I woke up and asked Evan to time them and we realized that they were every 5 minutes. Evan called my sister and we realized that this was the moment! I told my older sister to keep it on the "down-low" just in case it was a false alarm.

We got to the hospital and they hooked me up to monitor my contractions. The nurses did comment that I was too "smiley" to be going into labour. The doctor came in (and he was SO SEXY!) and confirmed that I was every 5 minutes. Then he checked me. (Ouch!) and said I was ONLY 1 cm. He told me to come back when the contractions were more intense and closer together. I was disappointed.

My sister drove me home and in the car I noticed that the contractions were much more painful. I did not tell anyone because I did not want to get their hopes up. Evan and I went to bed as soon as we got home. It was almost 2 in the morning by this point. Evan had to work for the next day really early. Once I got into bed however the contractions were SO painful that I could not sleep. I willed myself to ignore them and even went to sleep on the couch in another room so I would not disturb Evan. 3 hours later I realized that I could not ignore the contractions. They were SO painful and quick that I was in tears from exhaustion and pain. I finally got up and woke up Evan and I was crying that I was sorry that I could not sleep. He just smiled at me and said "we are having a baby". I was in tears so we took a shower to calm me down and then he called my sister to come back. It was 7 am and I was afraid that she would be mad but no one was! Everyone was very excited.

At the hospital, the nurses hooked me up again to monitor the contractions but this time I was not smiling. The contractions were coming fast (every 3 minutes) and were much more painful. However my water had not broke so the nurses were concerned. I was afraid they were going to send me home again! The hot doctor came in again but he was at the end of his shift. He checked me and said I was 2-3 cm. I had progressed! They checked me in and my family was excited. The doctor had to leave though and a new doctor came in and she was a #####.

She broke my water at 9:45 am and it hurt! I actually kicked the doctor by accident because it hurt so much! She was so annoyed that she didn't even tell me that she was hooking up the pictocin. Evan was annoyed because they didn't even ask me what I wanted. They were just inducing without my permission. The contractions got more painful and intense. I walked around. Sat on my birth ball. Tried different positions. At 1 PM, they came back into the room and she checked me again. I was still only 2-3 cm! I was so disappointed. The doctor then just said "get the epidural..you are not progressing at all" She was really mean so I agreed to it even though I was terrified.

Putting in the epidural was really painful. It hurt more than the contractions! It was hard to sit still while they put the needle in. I was crying because I was so scared. My nurse was really nice though and Evan was really supportive as he held my hand. Once the epidural kicked in however it was great. No pain at all! I suddenly was able to sleep and relax.

At 6 PM, the mean doctor came in and checked me again. This time it did not hurt because of the epidural. I was still only 2-3 cm and the pictocin was on max! She basically then told me that I needed a C section because the baby was not moving. She said that I was "too small" to give birth and I was really annoyed. Evan had left the hospital at this point to get a few things from home so I was once again being pressured into something that I did not want! Something this doctor was very good at doing. I told her that I was waiting for Evan to come back so that we could discuss it. She then said that I really had no option. If I didn't take the C section now I would just have to do it hours later. She said "your family is here. You could have this baby in 15 minutes if you have the C Section. If you choose to wait, you'll just go though several hours of discomfort and you'll most likely have the C section anyway".

Evan arrived at 7:15 PM and then we agreed to have the C section...mostly because we were pressured. As soon as I agreed to the C section, they did not wait. Evan was whisked away to change and I was pushed into the operation room on the hospital bed. The operation room began to fill up with doctors and they strapped me up to all these things and no one seemed to want to comfort me except for this one doctor. They turned up the drugs and I began to shake (which they informed me was normal) from the cold of the epidural. I was crying as well from fear. Evan came in at the last minute and held my shaking hand and wiped my tears. The doctor said "you are going to feel a bit of pressure" and suddenly I heard crying. The baby was there! I could not believe it! I told Evan to take pictures but the poor guy was so concerned about me instead!

They cleaned me up and the baby but I did not see her. Evan got to hold her as they wheeled me to the recovery room. At this point my ENTIRE family was at the hospital and managed to sneak into the recovery room to see the baby. I could hear her crying but I was a mess. I could not move my body and I was shaking from the cold still. My family freaked out seeing me in that condition. At one point, they put the baby on me and I held her as best as I could without feeling my hands. Everyone was crying and worried about me! I guess I looked really awful.

Anyway I eventually was set up in a room and my family left us for the night. There I really saw my baby for the first time and she was beautiful and small and helpless. She lie on my chest and I held her. I cried for what seemed like the billionth time that day! Evan and I spent 5 days in the hospital and I recovered amazingly.

Indiana Marley is absolutely precious and although my birth was a nightmare- (the hospital ignored ALL of my wishes) - after she was born, the nurses were great. My OB/GYN never showed up to the hospital- confirming my hatred for all doctors except for Dr. Nick (the hot one!)

I can't believe my baby is almost 3 weeks old.

Here are the pics to go with the story! Enjoy!


Reply With Quote
July 29th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Jenilope's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Western Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 13,688
Send a message via AIM to Jenilope
OMG! I can't believe how rude the doctor was to you. I'm so sorry they ignored your wishes and pressured you, but congratulations on Indiana Marley.

She's a beautiful girl, and I hope it doesn't sound weird or anything, but I think that she and my Matilda look so much alike they could be sisters! Too cute!
Mom to four beautiful girls
Matilda (6), Evelyn (5), Adelaide (3), Cecily (20 months)

Reply With Quote
August 14th, 2008, 06:34 PM
4Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 19,432

Reply With Quote
August 14th, 2008, 07:40 PM
PerfectlyFlawed06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 11,676
OMG what a #%*$ #####!! I can't believe she was so rude to you, she needs to find another profession.

When you said this - I finally got up and woke up Evan and I was crying that I was sorry that I could not sleep. He just smiled at me and said "we are having a baby". I started to get choked up!!!!

Congratulations!! Even though you didn't get what you wanted, I'm glad your little girl arrived and is healthy.

She's beautiful
<span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><div align="center">Dayna, Mummy to Brayden and Addyson.</div></span>

<div align="center"></div>
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0