Warren Lee

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM
kittycasper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On July 28 I went to Labor and Delivery believing that I had sprung a small leak. When I got there they checked and while one test was positive the other was not. /The Dr. used an ultrasound to check my fluid level and said it was at a safe level so I was sent home. The leak continued in to the after noon of the 28 so I went back in I believe around 3 o'clock. Again one test came back positive and the other negative. So they checked my fluid level again and it had not only decreased but this Doctor said the resident who looked at it before was incorrect and the previous level was not OK.

They called my Dr. and quickly returned to tell me they would be inducing. I was very scared and in shock I wasn't ready. Even thought I'd been on bed rest for months and was dealing with PTL. For some reason I just thought I had more time. I did now my water had broken despite what they said so I was getting prepared before we went back in that afternoon.

My husband looked at the Dr. and said so this is it and she said yes. It was very surreal. They started the pitocen at 5pm. I was already concerned about when the epidural would be started. I had been having contractions for months and the thought of an exceptionally painful labor was to much to deal with. They started IV fluids and the pitocen they told me they could do the epidural after we made it through the first bag of fluid. They also had me on antibiotics since my water had now been broken for some time. I requested that they not use any other other IV meds I didn't want to be groggy or sleepy or not have my head clear. My contractions at this point were long and hard. My mom and DH sat there and watched as they piggy backed each other. The nurse came in and told me the Anesthesiologist was on her way down. I said good becasue these 20 min contractions are getting rough. She said I know I've been watching.

The epidural went in seamlessly. No pain it was a wonderful thing. Around 11 they checked and I had made little to no progress maybe 1cm. They had a shift change at midnight and the nurse did her check and was like oh wow you are complete. They had me do a practice push and the baby did not tolerate it well. So they told me to wait. My doctor came in at 12:20 (bed head and all) and had me to another push. The baby's heart rate we dropping with every push. He had me push hard and quickly and then said OK no more. At this point he used the vacuum and had me push intermittently at his request only. The baby was born at 12:44am on 7/29.

He was doing perfect but later that evening he stopped taking the breast which at first there was no concern about. The next day he continued to not eat. They checked his billierubin level and told us he was jaundiced. They said he needed to eat every two hours. I was devastated because he wasn't eating at all. We were sent home with the billie blanket and the feed every two hours instructions. He went another 10 hours with only one 8 minute feeding I was so worried that we have since been using formula and the next day I got a pump and have been adding in pumped breast milk. He was taken of the billie blanket yesterday and his levels are continuing to drop. I'm hoping we can get him back to just breast feeding but I'm so glad he is doing well that I'm not going to stress over it.

He is finally looking healthy and alert and is the most wonderful thing in the world.
August 5th, 2008, 11:36 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I hope breast feeding gets easier! I am glad he is doing well! Congrats!

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
August 6th, 2008, 06:15 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little man! I'm glad he's doing better now. Hope breastfeeding works out for you, but if not, don't stress--he will be just as healthy with formula.

August 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
YAY congrats on your little bundle, I hope your doing well!

August 6th, 2008, 12:11 PM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on your little boy!!! Sorry you had the feeding troubles...I hope he continues to improve in this area. Thanks for sharing and take it easy, Mama!

Cara's sweethearts
August 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
congrats! i'm glad he is doing so much better!

August 8th, 2008, 07:29 PM
laur2laur's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats mama and thanks for sharing your story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search