Log In Sign Up

Lauren Elizabeth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,323
We had a scheduled c/s since I had an emergency c/s with DS. I barely slept the night before her c/s. I was worried about things from work and school and was trying to organize the house since I'd be in the hospital for a few days and we just finished moving. I had to pack up AJ for a few days too because he was going to stay with my parents. I was also trying to spend a lot of 1:1 time playing with AJ since it was his last night as an only child!

We had to be at the hospital at 7:00 AM. I was up at 5:00 to shower. I woke DH up at 6:00 and then woke up DS to get him dressed and fed. We loaded up the car and headed to my parents house to drop off AJ. I had a hard time leaving him - I felt guilty!! And he was yelling when we left - it is like he knew that things were changing permanently. We drove to the hospital (five minutes away) and went up to labor and delivery and got checked in. They started me on the fetal monitor, started the IV, etc. Of course, as usual, the baby wasn't moving much and they didn't like that so they left the fetal monitor on until we went to the OR. The doctors came by and we signed all the papers and stuff.

At 8:45 they told DH it was time to "gown up" so he could go into the OR with me. For whatever reason, I instantly got nervous - and really nauseated. The nurse had just started administering antibiotics and my IV was on full flow. They waited for a minute and the feeling passed. They put the dreaded catheter in me (yuck) and walked me into the OR. I forgot how many people were involved in the whole process.

I sat on the table and the nurse held my shoulders while the spinal block was administered. No feeling from the chest down. I think it is so weird when I'm trying to get my toes to move - with all my might - and I can't do it! I lay down on the table and they put up the screen and prepped me. DH came in and we got started. The OB doing the surgery was the same that did my first c/s. I smelled something funny and it was a smell that seemed out of place to me so I asked what it was. The OB said that he didn't like the way my first scar had healed - that it had a raised ridge to it. He said instead of cutting on the same incision, he was cutting in an oval around it and would remove the old scar completely to give me a chance at a nice flat scar this time - a little "free plastic surgery" he said. Fine with me!!!!

Anyway, the anesthesiologist found out I'm getting my Ph.D. and started asking questions and I was answer a bunch of questions about autism as I was being cut open. Figures - I can't get away from my work! Anyway, the OB said that in 22 seconds we'd have a baby and were we ready? DH and I said yes and then I heard a cry - beautiful sound - and the OB said, "It's a GIRL!" DH and I couldn't believe it. We were so happy. I started crying because I was so happy - I thought we'd have another boy and I'm so happy to have a daughter!! We immediately named her Lauren Elizabeth.

Lauren Elizabeth was born at 9:36 AM on August 28, 2008. She weighed in at 6 pounds, 14 ounces and measured 19.5 inches in length. She had a full head of hair and a nice healthy set of lungs! DH went over and stayed with Lauren while she was getting assessed. All was fine.

I started to not feel so great on the table. I told the doctor I thought I was going to throw up. THey barely got a bucket thing there before I turned and threw up. It was basically just water because I wasn't allowed to eat/drink after midnight. Then I felt better but tired. They closed me up, wheeled me into recovery and I was allowed to hold my beautiful baby girl. DS had to help me because i was a little shaky from the anesthesia. The drugs were much stronger than with my first c/s. When the took Lauren to the nursery to assess her and stuff, I immediately fell asleep. When I woke up, I was allowed to go to my room on the maternity floor.

My parents were there - staring at Lauren through the nursery window. They were so happy to have a granddaughter. They came into see me for a while but had to head back to work. When my parents left, DH and I waited until Lauren was ready to come down to us. We spent most of the day staring at her - not believing we had a daughter and not believing we now have two kids! DH went to pick up DS at 3:30 and brought her back to meet his little sister. We had a lot of visitors that night and the next few days.

My recovery was fine. I was up and moving at 4:00 PM the say of surgery. SHowered the next morning and barely stayed in bed after that. I was discharged on the 31st and was happy to return home to DS. He's been great with Lauren. We're so happy to have our family home together and Lauren is such a welcome addition. I'm already thinking it will be great to add to the family in a while but we're just happy to have Lauren home - happy and healthy with AJ for now!

February, 2005
August, 2005
Reply With Quote
September 6th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 39,274
It sounds like everything went so well! I'm so happy you got your baby girl!

Reply With Quote
September 6th, 2008, 09:58 AM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,635
Aw, congrats on your baby girl!!!
~Whitney mommy to Zoe 9/26/08 and Zachary 3/2/12~

Reply With Quote
September 6th, 2008, 05:26 PM
jenortiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,577
Send a message via AIM to jenortiz

Dealing with a high risk pregnancy: [url="http://cjengo.blogspot.com"]http://cjengo.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0