Log In Sign Up

Olive Cecilia

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2008, 09:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,490
Olive Cecilia
September 20, 2008 (her EDD)
7lb 4oz, 20 inches long.

Hmmm....when and where to start. I started having real contractions on Tuesday, September 16. They were consistent for a long while....and were definitely real....but not strong enough it concerned me. I had a couple bouts of timeable contractions from then on....but nothing that would stay the same once I was up and walking around....Until Friday night....Friday all day I had a couple an hour....they were definitely strong and the kind I breathed through and didn't want to talk through but not consistent....but then Friday Night...well I guess it was Saturday morning....12:30 I had some that were waking me up. I got up finally at about 1:30am and started timing them....they were 4-6 minutes apart....I did that for an hour...then walked around went potty and so on and they stayed the same....so I knew it was real...it wasn't going to stall out like before.

So I called my midwife, by now it was 2:45 or so....we talked for a while....then decided to go on in...since I really didn't know how long it was going to take....3 hours...or 30...who knows....but the mystery was enough to make us not joke around...lol....

So we got all the kids out of bed and took them to my sisters....they were excited but TIRED.....poor dears lol....so we gave hugs and kisses and explained that we were going off to have the baby! They were happy to be leaving....they'd been asking about "when is the baby coming" a lot lately.

We get to the Birthing Center at around 3:40am I think...contractions are still coming every 6 minutes or so...(the ride in they were about every 3 for a while...bumpy car ride lol)....anyway...they went back to every 6 minutes...(mom and dad followed us in)...Dee Dee (midwife) checked me and I was 4, but could be stretched to a 6...the Thursday before I was 3... we were all just sitting and chatting and having a good time. I was rocking in the rocking chair and noticed them slowing down some....I decided to go curb walking outside to see if I could keep things going....I was DETERMINED not to get sent home babyless LOL....this was probably 5ish in the morning. Low and behold around 6am....they stalled to every 30 minutes. WAH!!!!! But fortunately it was a weekend...and the center was EMPTY for anyone but us....so my midwife suggested going to sleep since we hadn't gotten much the last few nights....she said that sometimes bodies give in and want REST when they are exhausted and that it can stop labor...so she wanted us to rest...she suggested just staying there....so we did...mom and dad went home and got the kids....let them hang out at their house all day....and we got a couple hours rest.

Around 9am Josh and I got up...he went to get breakfast....and some cards....when we were playing cards they were coming every 10 minutes...this went on all day....About 3:30 I called Dee Dee and we agreed that she'd come and check me and see how things were progressing. I took a shower while we waited....She got there at about 4....baby sounded great....she checked my cervix....I was a solid 7....so even though my contractions were far apart...they were working. After she left again (we had been in the center alone all day ...basically an unassisted birth lol)....My parents returned with dinner. I had a chicken salad....during this time I was getting hefty contractions...7 mins apart....Pretty soon I was having troubles finding a comfy position to stand in, sit in, rock in...whatever I did hurt....I tried the birthing ball but with baby being posterior it HURT more than it helped...standing felt the best but even that wasn't great. I decided to get back in the shower....this was about 6pm...as soon as I got back in there it was instant relief....I could tolerate the contractions MUCH better...I was back to breathing slower and they weren't lasting 2 minutes like the ones before....my body was much more relaxed....they also were now coming at every 4 minutes....like the MINUTE I hit the water they started being every 4 instead of 7....funny....

Anyway.....Every contraction I'd tell Josh the start and stop....after about 6 contractions he said.."I'm calling Dee Dee back, they are coming every four minutes"....I said whatever you think dear. lol....The most relaxing thing to do was just rock through the contractions I used the handle bars in the shower and just let the water hit me on my back.....It just felt SO much better to be in there than anywhere else...and we hadn't asked when it'd be ok to use the tub....By the time Dee Dee got there they were coming every 2 minutes....and had been for a while....(it was a home football game in town so she hit every red light twice cause they had them shortened in time...)....When she got there she checked on me asked how I was doing...and then asked if I wanted the tub...YESSSSSS.....so she asked me to get out of the shower so they could use the hot water for the tub....I agreed (ouch that wasn't fun to stand through the contractions without water).....

I was leaning on my mom rocking through them..it hurt to stand so they asked if I wanted to sit...I said no LOL...finally the water was deep enough when they told me I could get in...I about dove in! LOL....then I couldn't find a comfy position there either...I was having lots of pressure and knew it was time....

As soon as I hit the water I was pushing (and around this time my water finally broke)....through a couple contractions I pushed....about 7 minutes after Dee Dee got there Baby Olive was born. In the water....I caught her....we both relaxed together in the water....

She didn't cry right away...which wasn't a concern since she was moving and taking breaths and her placenta was still attached so she was getting what she needed from that. We both just snuggled and stayed in teh water for a good amount of time. (I have lots of pics of this but they are on my mom's camera....I'm getting those later today)....Anyway....once her cord was cut (it was about 20 or 30 mins after she was born)....she cried a bit...she pinked up so nice....she was just perfect!!!!!!

Everything was SO different from my last birth experiences....I was able to eat when I wanted...drink what I wanted....move around.....I wasn't poked ONCE with a needle for ANY type of blood testing or IV or anything....I didn't have the annoying wrist bands (ID bracelets)....Olive didn't have to have many of the things that the hospital does. She wasn't poked at all either. Her Vit K was oral...no eye goop in her eyes....everything was just great!!!! She was right there with me the whole time....no separation at all!!!!

I'd do it again if I get the chance to....I'd refer ANYONE to this place. They were GREAT....It was so peaceful and so relaxing. The only time my husband was nervous was when the midwife wasn't there and he knew baby would be born soon. I loved how we were encouraged to stay there....there was no doctor or midwife there for most of the day...it was like being in a hotel room to labor it out....we weren't rushed off....we weren't forced to hurry labor up....we just were able to take our time and let things go how they were supposed to. My body was slow about it this time around...not extremely short like in the past (G's was 1.5 hours start to finish)....but it did what it needed to....it stalled out so I could rest...it just knew what to do and didn't need any chemical to force it's way through....

I'm so happy that my husband allowed me to go this route....his eyes were opened as well after wards. He was so pleased and happy we went through them....He is 100% on board for birthing centers now!

Here is a teaser picture. I really dont have many yet...mom was the picture taker...and I was hoping to have some during labor but really...I was in the shower the majority of the "hard" part....and so no pictures there either....But I'll share many more when I get those later. Here is the teaser picture
Momma to Emma, Elzie, Gretchen, Olive, and Rogan

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
Reply With Quote
September 21st, 2008, 10:24 AM
punkrawkmom44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 3,802
Send a message via AIM to punkrawkmom44
Congrats, sounds like you got what you wanted. She is gorgeous!
Loving mom to 4 boys

My Blog

Reply With Quote
September 21st, 2008, 11:43 AM
Mrs.Reesa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,193
Awh she is beautiful!
Reply With Quote
September 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM
Posts: n/a
I'm so happy you had such a great experience! She's so cute!
Reply With Quote
September 21st, 2008, 01:46 PM
woohoo502's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,635
Beautiful! I'm so glad you had such a positive birth experience!!!
~Whitney mommy to Zoe 9/26/08 and Zachary 3/2/12~

Reply With Quote
September 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,554
Congrats!! What an amazing story. She is beautiful - what gorgeous red hair!
Reply With Quote
September 21st, 2008, 06:20 PM
TnPhotoMama81's Avatar Wife/Mommy/Photographer
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oneida, TN
Posts: 8,355
Send a message via AIM to TnPhotoMama81 Send a message via Yahoo to TnPhotoMama81
I had a feeling it was going to be a girl

Congrats on your new little one. I am so happy you had such a positive birth experience!!! How exciting!

My Photography Website Pinterest My Etsy Shop
Reply With Quote
September 21st, 2008, 08:48 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: the mountain state
Posts: 11,860
what a wonderful sounding experience! thanks for sharing!

she is beautiful!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0