Log In Sign Up

Dylan Rene

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2008, 05:31 PM
lily23's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,208
After 2 emotional send homes on Wednesday the 19th I was frustrated and planned on waiting as long as I could before attempting to go in again. So, Wednesday night we went to bed around 9:30. I was feeling ok. Well, I woke up at 1:30am with contractions. They kept getting closer and stronger. At 2:00 I told josh to start me a warm bath. I got in the bath until about 3:00. This whole time josh is standing there telling me it's time to go in. That they are 4 minutes apart and we can't have the baby in the bath tub. Daddy was excited to say the least. So at 3:00 I got out of the bath and josh helped me get dress and we went on our way. We pulled into the hospital and he dropped me off at the front entrance so I didn't have as far to walk. Right when I stepped out of the truck my water broke. Perfect timing..ha! So up to labor and delivery we went. They checked me, sure enough it was my water. But Dylan had a bowel movement so they had told me I would labor in the regular birthing suite, and then when it was time for her to be delivered we would go to the O.R. just to make sure she didn't get any of the yucky in her lungs ect..

Well they finally got me checked into my birthing suite at about 5:00am. They came in at 6:30 and told me my contractions were slowing down and that we should probably get on pitocin to speed things back up to where they needed to be. I said ok. They asked if I wanted the epidural or anything. I said I would take the epidural a little later but for now I would take just a little pain meds in the IV to take the edge off. That worked until the pitocin started to kick in. By 7:15 I was asking for the epi. They checked me and at that time I was only 3cm. They said they ordered the epi and they would be in soon to give it to me. I was in PAIN!! At 8:50 another nurse came in and said the epi was on its way she wanted to check me one more time. I was 4cm now. It was 2 hours at this point since I asked for the epi. I was getting irritated and the pain kept getting worse. I was begging everyone I seen to give me an epi. FINALLY at 10 am the anestesiologist showed up. After arguing with the nurse that I had to pee, I got my way and got to pee before they put it in. I had extreme pressure at this point. By 10:20 the epi was in and 10:30 the catheter. I HATED the catheter. Begged for it to come out. WORST PART OF THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE. Anyways, back to the story. So around 11:00 I was telling josh to go find someone it was time to push. He didn't believe me but after tears and me screaming he went and got a nurse. They came in did the whole "your a first time mom" speal about how thats how it was supposed to feel but they would go ahead and check. She checked. I WAS 9CM. I knew it was darn near time. She said to not push to keep breathing and they would be back in a little bit to check me again. Well, 10 min later I told josh to get someone again. This time I KNEW it was time. This time a wonderful nurse who stayed with me the rest of the time came in. She checked me. I was 10. She told me not to push just yet to let dylan work her way down some so I wasn't pushing so long. She went to get more pain meds to help since the epi was just then starting to kick in. She came back saying no more pain meds. It was time to start pushing. So 11:25 I started pushing. She was doing paperwork and josh was holding both my legs and doing all the counting. We made a perfect team. 12:30 they told me her head was stuck and to get her out they were going to use the forceps. At this point I didn't care, as long as she was ok and was out. We made our way to the OR and while they set up I wasn't allowed to push. That was PAINFUL. Pushing gave me relief. Around 12:50 they inserted the forceps. And I was allowed to start pushing again. I felt like a basketball player with everyone screaming at me to keep doing it and how great I was doing. At 12:59..RELIEF. Dylan was born! I layed back in bed and was exhausted. Then they were screaming at me to open my eyes and look at her. She was right in front of me and they were clipping the cord ect.. The most amazing and overwhelming feeling filled my heart. They took her over to get her cleaned up and josh stayed with me. I delivered the placenta and kept asking if I tore. Well, sad news.. I TORE! 3rd degree! I don't think I would have but those forceps are HUGE!! She stitched until 1:45. In the mean time I got to hold Dylan for about 10 min before they took her back to my room and gave her her first bath. Josh went with and was called a paparazzi. ha! He KNEW he would get yelled at by me if he didn't capture every moment that I was missing.

The first 2 days she had red lines on her faces from the forceps but those are gone now. She is truely amazing. She only cries when her little belly hurts. I know her bathroom and hunger faces and noises already.

Josh is AMAZING with her. I thought he would be great but I couldn't imagine him being this good. We have her 2 day check up here soon so I am anxious to see if she lost weight (i'm sure she has) or gained. She is a great eater. I had my "moment" last night where it hit me that I was really a mommy. It's the best feeling ever. I had tears of joy while we were rocking before bed last night. I Love it. I think it's my calling. I can't wait for the next one. The whole birth experience was fun to me. Except the catheter! ha

Well, thats the jist of my story. I probably left details out but no biggie. My princess is here and that's all that matters to me. OH AND...the dogs are great with her. Protective...very protective!! ha! They check over every visitor and supervise the visit. They lay by her bassinet when she is in there, they sit next to whoever is holding her. If we are in her room getting changed or feeding they are as close as they can be. They want to be apart of everything.


7 lbs 7 oz 19 3/4 inches. Born 12:59 pm CST on 11.20.08
Reply With Quote
November 23rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
petalstarlace's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a city in South Cackalacky
Posts: 2,193
awww Ronnie what a great story! I'm glad everything went well, and I can't wait to see pictures

Reply With Quote
November 24th, 2008, 08:27 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,043
definitely a few rough spots but it sounds like you had a great birth experience congrats!

homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama


Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0