Log In Sign Up

Owen Leo

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2008, 12:16 PM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,133
Ok here is my birth story...finally!

I was scheduled to be induced on Wednesday November 26th at 7:15am at 41 weeks. At 3:30pm the day before, I went to the hospital so that my doctor could insert Cervidil to try to help things along. He checked me when he was there at I was still at 2-3cm dialated. I had to stay at the hospital for 2 hours after the Cervidil was put in to monitor me and Owen. Nothing really was happening...I had a few contractions but they were mild and spaced far apart so I got to go home. They gave me a couple of sleeping pills to take so I could get lots of rest since the next day would be a tiring one.

Around 10:45pm, I took the first sleeping pill and went to bed. I layed awake in bed for a while and couldn't sleep. They told me that if I wasn't asleep in 45 minutes after taking the first pill, then I should take the second. I was having some contractions at this point but once again, nothing too uncomfortable and they were anywhere from 5-15 minutes apart. Around 11:45pm, I decided to get up and take the second one. As soon as I got up, I felt a little gush of liquid. I was thinking it was my water breaking. I get to the bathroom and its blood. So I go pee and I could feel something come out and it was my entire mucous plug along with the Cervidil that the doctor put in. There was sooo much blood so I started to freak out a bit. I decided to call L&D and told them what happened and they assured me that it was normal. So I went back to bed and tried to sleep but there was absolutely no way that was happening. My contractions were starting to get stronger at this point so I went downstairs and hopped on the computer. I logged onto our JM forum and was catching up on all the posts that I had missed. My contractions started getting pretty uncomfortable and they were closer together now so I decided to time them on Contraction Master. I timed them for about a half hour and they were all between 2-3 minutes apart, lasting for about a minute or so.

At 1:00am I went upstairs and woke up DH and told him that it was time for us to go to the hospital. He called L&D and told them what was happening and they told us to come on in. So I got dressed and did my makeup lol...and by the time we got out of here it was around 1:30am.

It was snowing out and the roads were a little slick....and my DH is driving like a mad man haha. I told him to slow down...I didn't want to get in an accident and have to give birth in the car! We check in at admitting and the chick is asking me a million questions and I'm getting annoyed cause I'm having major contractions and the last thing I want to do is answer all these questions that they should already know (all this info was in my pre-registration form).

We finally get upstairs to L&D and I find out that we have the same nurse that helped deliver my DD almost three years ago! She is seriously the sweetest lady I have ever met. She's also a good coach. She kept me focused on my breathing and kept telling me what a good job I was doing.

After I get hooked up to my IV and get my blood taken, the nurse checks me and says that I'm 4-5cm dialated and that my waters are bulging and about to break. I then request the epidural. This other nurse told me it could be an hour before I could get one! I was not impressed! It only ended up taking 20 mins maybe so that was good! Once I got the epi I was hoping I'd be able to get a little bit of sleep...but no such luck. My water then broke which seemed like an ocean coming out lol....it just kept coming and coming....and everytime I had a contraction, more would come out. Even my nurse commented on how much fluid there was.

I have no idea what time any of this stuff happened. There was a clock right in front of my face and I know I looked at it but none of it registered lol.

I'm going to guess that around 4:00am or a little after, was when I was ready to start pushing. I was pushing for a bit and the doctor informed me that I was starting to tear so he was going to give me an episiotomy. It wasn't long after that that Owen was born. He was born at 4:52am on Wednesday November 26th and he was 21.5 inches long. He is a splitting image of my DD when she was born. He definately looks like his daddy. We got to leave the hospital the next day which was nice!

At 8 days old, we got him circumsized and he is doing very well. He's 10 days old now and I can't believe it. The time is flying by so fast already! He has a little bit of thrush so he's on medication for that so hopefully that will clear up soon! Other than that he is a fantastic, healthy baby and his big sister loves him to bits. She's definately into helping out mommy!!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for my super cute siggy!

Last edited by sunshyne57; August 3rd, 2009 at 11:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
December 7th, 2008, 09:45 AM
ItalySarah's Avatar Proud Attached Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,408
Congrats! He is adorable!!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0