Log In Sign Up

Kylee Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2008, 05:02 AM
tinkerbell61785's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 362
Thursday the 21th at our doctors appt She decided that she wanted to induce me the following Monday. Dh and I were both relieved. I had been having contractions 3-4 min apart for over a month. Monday at noon we went in to her office for her to check fluid levels and get my admittance's papers together. I was only dialated to a 1. We got into a room at the hospital around 1:45pm and they started me on pitocin. About 20 minutes later my contractions were unbearable and 2-3 minutes apart and lasting about a minute. They checked me and I still had not progressed past a 2. At about 3:15 they stopped my pitocin due to an emergency with another patient... so I got a small break to relax. At 6:30 a nurse realized that they had not started my meds back up so we got started again... At about 7:30 I caved and was begging for an epidural... i was still only barely dilated to a 2. 8:30pm epidural was starting to kick in and I was showing a little more progress finally dialated to a 4 at around 11pm... sent the In-laws home to get some sleep, told them we would call when I got to a 7-8... ,midnight when the nurse came to check me, we had to call the in-laws... I was at a 8-9! I was fully dilated by 1am, The doctor wanted me to labor down a little more so she wouldn't let me push until about 2am. I pushed for about a hour and a half. They had to put me on oxygen due to low o2 stats. It made me horribly nausous and my mouth was so dry! Kylee's head was visible for over a hour, they keep trying to get me to stretch out a little more but it wasn't happening... then the doctor either helped me rip or gave me an episiotomy. Im not sure which DH says episiotomy and my mom says I ripped?? Ugh they cant agree on anything! At 3:21am with 2 last hard pushes Kylee Grace arrived!! I couldn't have been happier.

I will post more about afterwards, Im gonna try to get some sleep

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wb6TIZW/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

Reply With Quote
January 1st, 2009, 03:27 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,043
congrats, she's gorgeous!

homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama


Reply With Quote
January 1st, 2009, 03:47 PM
Proud Mommy to Brandon
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 695
Congratulations! Glad to know everything worked out fine. Kylee is beautiful.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0