Log In Sign Up

Brandon Tetsuji

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Proud Mommy to Brandon
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 695
Contractions and the bloody show started Saturday morning, November 22nd every 3-4 mins. However, by mid-morning it started spacing out. It continued throughout the day but not in a consistent pattern. Then 6am, Sunday, my water broke and l lost my mucous plug. At 7:40am, I was admitted at the hospital. Dilation was going very slow so at around 11am, I was given picotin. I got my epidural at 1pm. At around 7pm, I was about 6cm dilated. I was given oxygen to help regulate the baby's heart rate, it was going up and down. At one point, his heart rate dipped to 70bmp and went up as high at 178bmp. At 8pm, I was 7cm dilated. At 10pm, 16hrs after my water broke, I was still at 7cm and my temperature was slightly elevated. I was given tylenol anally to lower my temperature. I was also told that the baby's heart rate started dipping after contractions and that c-section was a possibility at this point because I haven't progressed from 7cm. They were worried that the baby was getting stressed and that putting him through 3 more cm and another 2 hours through the birth canal might be too much for him. I started to cry because I wasn't keen on a c-section and I was concerned about the baby's well being. After I calmed down a bit, I wasn't worried anymore. I knew that DH and I were willing to do what it takes. C-section was covered during L&D class so we knew what to expect. The baby's heart rate was monitored for another hour but it dipped 2 more times after contraction. So at 11pm, my OB (who never made it to the hospital) and the on-call OB decided c-section was the best route to take. At 11:32pm, Brandon Tetsuji was born crying at 6lbs. 5oz and 18 1/2 in. long. He was born healthy with an apgar score of 9. His head was slightly tilted according to the OB. After they cleaned him up a bit, they put him on my chest for 2 minutes and I got to talk to him and kiss him. His eyes were wide open and he was calm as can be listening to me. Although delivery didn't turn out the way I expected, I was glad that Brandon was born healthy.

Reply With Quote
January 1st, 2009, 03:30 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,043
I'm sorry you had to have a c-section, especially after a long labor but at least you have a healthy baby boy! congrats!

homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama


Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0