Log In Sign Up

Chloe Madison Birth Story!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: alabama
Posts: 1,648
Send a message via AIM to beba4506 Send a message via Yahoo to beba4506
Okay so this is definitely LONG overdue lol but I haven’t found the time to sit down and take a minute to write this, but Chloe is asleep and DH is outside working on the car so it felt like the right time lol. I’m not good at writing “stories” so im just going to walk you through everything that went on thru my delivery and the few days before! So here goes…

On Wednesday November 12th I went to my dr appointment, found out I was 3CM and 80% effaced, I was stoked! I hadn’t felt that happy in idk how long! I couldn’t stop smiling all day lol. So he told me he would see me in a week, well the only day he could see me was that Monday, only 5 days away! Well in that time we finished getting everything cleaned and put away bc we knew I wouldn’t go past my due date, or that’s what the Dr told us anyways!! Okay.. so skip ahead to Monday.. I went back to the Dr Monday still at 3CM and 80% so he looked at me and said “well what do you want to do?” and of course I was like what? And he said he could go ahead and do the induction this week or next but it would have to be that Wednesday if we did it or the next Wednesday. Well, Thanksgiving was the next week and I really wanted to be home for the holidays and not stuck in the hospital if at all possible, so I told him we’d go ahead and do the induction that Wednesday the 19th. So of course I left there and called everyone to tell them, My sister and her husband came up on Tuesday evening to stay the night with us bc she said I was her baby sister and she wanted to be there with me when they took me in lol so they came up, and my dad, step mom, little sister and step brother wanted to come up bc my dad said I was his little girl and he wanted to spend time with me b4 I had chloe but he changed his mind bc we had to be there at 7 that morning and he said that I needed to just relax and enjoy my last night with my husband and it’d be to many ppl trying to get ready and everything the next morning. So they didn’t come but my sister insisted that my mom come up and stay bc she was going to have to drive by her self the next morning early, and for those that don’t know me and my mom do not by any means really get along.. she cheated on my dad several times and what not. But that’s a different story for a different day! Anyways, I didn’t feel like arguing with my sister about it so I told my mom she could come.. ok so anyways, we went to bed just to get up a few hours later lol..

5 AM came and I got up and got my shower and made sure everything was in my bag and got DH up and everything.. My mom and sister kept telling me that they couldn’t see how I wasn’t nervous or throwing up or anything with nerves bc they just felt sick with nerves lol. But truth is, I never really felt nervous or anything, I got up and got my shower and went about my day like I normally would. We got to the hospital at 7 am, they checked me in started drawing blood, starting IVs and askin me all those questions. They FINALLY let DH come back at about 7:45 which is when they started the Pitocin drip. They asked me b4 they started drawing blood and everything if I wanted him to come back then or after they asked me the questions and I didn’t think it would take so long or I would have just let him come on back. But anyways, they started the drip at 745, and almost immediately I started feeling little contractions. They weren’t that bad to start with but they came in and turned up the drip and by 10:30 ish they started getting a little uncomfortable, so the nurse came in and asked me if I was ready for the epidural or if I wanted to wait or what, I told her I wanted to wait bc the contractions weren’t bad and I was scared it wear off or something b4 I delivered, so the nurse was like well the only thing is you have to be hydrated with about 3 bags of fluids b4 he can do it and it takes about 45 minutes. So we decided to just go ahead and do it, she kept telling me it wouldn’t wear off that they would keep check on it and replace the bag if they had to. So while waiting for the fluids to finish the contractions got a tad more uncomfortable, nothing unbearable but I had to stop talking thru them and if I laid on my side it eased it up dramatically. So the guy came in to start my epidural and it burned like crazy! Other than a little burning I felt fine I was breathing like I was supposed to and everything, I was leaning on DH instead of the nurse just for more comfort and when he started the epi my heartrate shot up to about 130-something and my blood pressure bottomed out so the nurse made DH move so she could hold me instead, they kept getting mad bc of my heart rate, he said he would have to stop the epidural if I didn’t calm down and I finally yelled at him for yelling at me and told him I was fine and breathing like he was telling me to!! So after he busted one of the tubes in his hand he got the other kit out and finished, by the time he was done they laid me down and I swear I could have slept like a baby lol. So that was at 1pm-ish. I was still at 3CM and 80%.. it felt like this was going to take forever! They came in at 3:20PM and broke my water, that felt SO weird lol. At 5PM they checked me again and I was about 5CM. they said they would be back at 6 to check again. During that time DH went outside for a break from being in the room all day so I told them to keep visitors out until I told DH it was okay for ppl to come back bc I was exhausted and wanted a nap. DH came back in and at 6PM they checked again, I went from 5CM to 9CM in ONE HOUR!! And I thought during that hour that my epi was wearing off bc I was feeling pressure or something, but come to find out it was bc I was dilating so fast. The nurse said they’d be back at 7 to start pushing bc I wanted to let her move down as much as possible on her own to help me keep from tearing and everything. At 7:40 we started pushing. We’d push about 3 times every few minutes with the contractions. They called the DR but I guess he took his time comin or something lol he came in just has her head was coming out and I remember I kept telling them please do not tell me whats going on down there, if she is crowning don’t tell me lol bc I knew if they did I would picture it in my head or something and that’d be it I wouldn’t be able to do it anymore. At 8:16 PM Chloe Madison was brought into the world. She wasn’t able to get a good cry out, she was tryin to but you could tell something was wrong. They took her straight under the warmer to suction her out and put oxygen on her, I had lost so much blood during pushing and delivery that I was completely out of it, I remember everything that was going on and I remember them having her over there but it was like I was in a dream or something? The dr said I had a 2nd degree tear and lost a lot of blood and kept askin me if I was still with them. I remember going in and out at that point and told them I was feeling nausea and light headed and he said it was bc when I tore there was a vessel stickin up or something and since there was something wrong with her he had to make sure she was ok and if he hadn’t of had to leave me laying there for a few minutes I wouldn’t have lost so much blood bc he could have already had it sewn up but I told him I would have rather him take care of her first then fix me. DH said he got a glimpse of it down there when they had her under the warmer, he said it was like a horror movie nightmare he said it was AWFUL bc there was blood all over the floor over flowing the buckets and everything, he then had me push the placenta out and when it came out it was the best relief.. I felt like I lost 50 lbs lol. I thought it felt good for her to come out but omg.. the placenta was the best lol.. so anyways, they sewed me up and put the bed back together and had to start another IV of fluids in my other arm to keep me from passing out. I got to hold Chloe just long enough for DH to get a picture of us 3 and then they had to put her in the oxygen box and take her to the nursery for chest X-rays and everything. They finally got us into a room at 11:30PM. They brought a wheel chair in to take me down to the room but when I sat up I blacked out bc of the blood I lost, so they had to bring in a stretcher and take me down there like that. Once we were in the room the nursery nurse came in and told us what was going on and that they thought everything would be fine they were just goin to keep her in the nursery that night to keep a eye on her plus she was still on about 42% oxygen. DH walked down there at about mid night to see her and he said that her breathing was really fast and the nurses couldn’t get her to calm down to go to sleep or anything. So DH came back to sit with me and tell me how she was doing. We finally made it to bed at about 1:30 or 2 that morning and at about 10:30 maybe they brought my beautiful baby girl in to us, she did have to keep the IV in with the fluids going to her until she could learn to keep the food down and everything.

I was discharged on Friday the 21st bc they said they knew I wouldn’t go anywhere bc of the baby still being there and they would admit her to the room and we could stay as guests. They couldn’t discharge her on Friday bc they had to do another lab test to make sure her white blood cell count went down to where it was supposed to be bc it was a little high, they came in Friday evening though and told us she would be dismissed the next morning! So, Saturday morning came and we got her ready for her pictures and got everything to the car, and at about 12PM they came in with the wheel chair to take us to the car. I was still a little weak from loosing the blood and had a lot of swelling still from all the fluids they had to pump in me, but I was so ready to be out of the hospital!!!

So, here we are, 3 weeks later and my baby is SO big! She doesn’t look 3 weeks old at all! The night she was born she weighed 8 lbs 14 oz. when we took her home that Saturday she weighed 8 lbs 7 oz. On Dec. 1st we took her in for a weight check and she weighed 9 lbs 1 oz!!

Sorry this is so long, if your still with me at this point, thank you for reading this!!
Chloe Madison
November 19, 2008 8:16PM
8lbs 14 oz 20 ½ inches.


Thank you so much ♥sophiasmomma♥ for my beautiful siggy!

Reply With Quote
January 1st, 2009, 03:42 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,043
wow sounds like a dramatic delivery! I'm glad you are both okay! congrats

homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama


Reply With Quote
January 1st, 2009, 03:53 PM
Proud Mommy to Brandon
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 695
Wow, pretty scary. Glad to know everything work out fine and that baby Chloe is doing just fine and gaining weight so fast after a traumatic delivery.

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0