Log In Sign Up

Silas Alexander

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 6,468
Send a message via AIM to LadyInWaiting Send a message via MSN to LadyInWaiting
Okay so lets start from the beginning two weeks ago. I spent most of the day December 3rd and 4th in labor and delivery for contractions two minutes apart and was only 2 CM and 60% effaced. So they sent me home contracting like this for over a week. I got up at 8 am on December 13th to go to work. Came home, and didn't feel all to great. So DH and SIL and I watched a movie and about 5 pm I noticed some pretty painful contractions. BUt not wanting to get sent home again I refused to go in. So we went to eat with my dad and came home. About 11 I started timing them. I went and sat on my exercise ball (which was doubling as a birthing ball to open my pelvis up), and was leaning on my bed. Three minutes apart. I told DH to start packing the bag that we might go in tonight. 45 minutes later he is still taking his measly time packing the bag!!! So I told him lets kick it in gear.

12:30 am and we arrive at the hospital. First off, they had their "A" team there that night. They kept asking my the dumbest questions. So they hook me up and check me and I am a 4 and 60%. But I am now contracting a little less than two minutes apart and they are insanely intense. So they check me in, start my IV.. and wait. I got some pain medicine through my IV about 4:30 am because I had been up almost 24 hours and couldn't stand to be awake any longer. So about 6:30 am I was awake again and in severe pain.

However by 11 am I was still not any more dilated and still contracting. I figure I was bearing down and swelling my cervix. So the DR (not mine or one I had ever met), says he is going to break my water to speed things up. (at this point I was not on a pit drip at all so i was very impressed he wanted to try everything else possible first). So 11:45 rolls around and I am still not anymore dilated and my contractions had tapered to every 5 minutes or so. So then at 12:15 he says he is going to start a pitocin drip on me. Which is when I opted for an epidural. Also the DR wanted me to get it because he thought my fear was causing me to not dilate. So I did it. And it was an amazing relief. So 12:45 the epi went in.

1pm the nurse cathes me and checks me and I am a 6. She checks me at 1:10 and I am an 8. About 1:20 I pushed the pain button to release some more medication when I realized the pain and pressure I was feeling was the "ring of fire" burning! I HAD TO PUSH. The nurse comes screeching in and checks and his head was right there.

1:32 pm She pages the DR puts on gloves and has me do two big pushes to stretch my perineum, trying not to tear it. The Dr comes in, and holds him in the crowning position to stretch me some more and then he slides right out so easily, at 1:43 pm!

The first thing I saw were his long, skinny fingers and toes. They recovered him in the room, and let him feed ASAP. His apgars were 8 and 9. He was amazingly perfect. He does have a small hernia but they say it will close on its own so nothing to worry about.

I had no tearing, or re-opening of wounds. I am so in love my DR and my delivery! Absolutely delirious about it. I had one small skid mark on my right labia that required no stitching and only caused slight discomfort when urinating the first time. The worst part has been the cramping. But after this amazing experience DH and I have decided there is no way we are done baby making.


Reply With Quote
December 17th, 2008, 08:05 PM
JennyluvsDilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,858
Aw, thanks for sharing your story it sounds like you had a great experience! He is very cute!

Reply With Quote
December 17th, 2008, 09:43 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bay Area. CA
Posts: 11,030
Sounds like you had a good experience congrats on your little guy!
Reply With Quote
December 18th, 2008, 10:14 AM
LenaandBaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,435
Send a message via AIM to LenaandBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LenaandBaby
So glad this delivery went well, you deserved it!
Reply With Quote
December 20th, 2008, 07:36 PM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,513
Congrats. Glad everything went well.
Mommy to two sweet girls: Emma Marie (December 9, 2008) and Hadley Annabelle (November 29, 2011)

Reply With Quote
December 20th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,271
Congrats! Glad it all went well for you!
Ethan 13
Madison 11
Harrison 9
Christian 8

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0