Log In Sign Up

Lynda Jewel

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Perfectly~Flawed's Avatar ♥ Proud Potterhead! ♥
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lubbock, Texas
Posts: 5,685
Send a message via AIM to Perfectly~Flawed Send a message via Yahoo to Perfectly~Flawed
(I haven't slept so please excuse the mess this novel is in)

On Wednesday ( Oct 29th) I started having some very light
contractions, we went to the doctor early Thursday morning to find that
I had dilated to nearly 2cm. Since the contractions were pretty light,
they only monitored me a bit before sending me home. Later that evening
the contractions faded...

Friday and most of Saturday they returned a bit stronger but nothing I
wasn't able to handle or keep me from my normal routine. However, after
a trip to Wal-Mart to return some blinds and look for a Texas Longhorns
t-shirt they became a lot stronger. Oh yeah also got a pedicure!!!! Pink toes...All I could do was moan about
wanting to make some beef stew, but I was hurting too much to go back
to the store.

After trying to lay down after a hot bath, my sister asked if I wanted
to go to Labor and Delivery. I told her no, I would try to drink some
more water and lay down again...hehe, I couldn't even finish my glass.
She calmly looked at me and asked "Would you like some more water."
With a glare and a command from our mother she dragged a hesitant me to
L&D Triage (I just didn't want to be one of those women who go to
the hospital 50 times for false labor) we were met be one of the nicest
nurses, who go me hooked up right away. After a few contractions (they
were 5-6 min apart) she checked me and I was 4 cm dilated! I couldn't
believe it...I could have a baby soon! So, she went to page my doctor.
We were in there for a bit, I called my Sohn who quickly left his job
to start coming down (he had to changed first ><'). So, the nurse
comes back looking sorta scared she told me my doctor was OUT OF
FREAKING TOWN, yeah I was worried but I smiled and told her I was fine
with it even though I was freaking out. However the "replacement" was
awesome! So, it was around 4:30pm he came in got some info and checked
me again...I had jumped up to 5 cm. He smiled at me and told me they
were going to get me a room set up. Yay! The Triage had no TV.

Alrighty, so they get me to the room and set up. I wanted to walk
around but no...they set me back up on the monitor and hooked me to a
IV. Yeah, I could walk around if I wanted to by unplugging the monitor
things but that just seemed like a lot of work at the time lol. Sohn
shows up a bit after 5 PM and I'm so happy by this point I needed him
there so badly. We meet all the nurses and they get some info from us.

I'm checked again and I've dilated nearly to a full 6, the contractions
at this point aren't awful but they aren't fun either. They offer me
pain relief - I say no to the epidural but yes to some other (I can't
recall the name) and Oh boy...I was in Heaven shortly after it was
injected into my IV! So, we're good...the Texas Tech vx Texas game
comes on and we watch it...even though my team (the Longhorns) lost, I
didn't care too much lol. Afterward my doctor came in and said I was
still at 6cm...my reason for not wanting drugs (risk or labor stalling)
happened ><'so now, we wait.

Sunday (shortly after 12 midnight) they start me on pitocin and give me
more pain relief Contractions are coming stronger and quicker, but once
I hit 7cm we stall out again.

2am I'm getting sleep between contractions they offer me the epidural, I go ahead and take it.

Stupid Tech fans getting themselves hurt keep the anesthesiologist from being able to get to me for about a hour.

3:30 ish...epidural is in. I notice one side is more numb then the
other, I mention it a few times but hey it'll spread in a bit, right?
Plus I have the nifty MORE PLEASE button. Yeah...sure.

4am...5am. Sleep sleep.

6am...checked and no change. Decision made...burst water.

6:30...water bag is ruptured.

7:00am. I'm in pain I want to cry. Contractions are coming hardcore and
back to back...maybe only 2-3 min in between. Hey, taking childbirth
class was worth it! Sohn goes into Coach mode.

7:15isham...I get sick, we can't find a kidney tray so my sister grabs
a random bucket filled with medical stuff, dumps that out and I puke in
it. We look up...hey puke bags are right there. Oops.

Pain. Pain. Epidural isn't fully working!? What!?! WHY WHY WHY!?!?!?!?!
They call the anesthesiologist...person takes their sweet time by the
time the come I'm fully dilated and they are setting me up to deliver.
Nothing she can do to help me...okay, thats alright...I originally
wanted a natural birth...I can do this!

At 7:45 am...I need to push, my room that was once filled with nurses
and doctors is now suddenly empty! Finally my nurse comes in we tell
her I need to push. So, the next contraction we start.

I push for 35 min they say, and at 8:24 AM on Sunday November 2, 2008
my daughter Lynda Jewel Masey is born. I have a 2 degree laceration,
and they can get my uterus to contract so I'm bleeding heavy and they
can't get it to stop (I'm told this later...I couldn't take my eyes off
my daughter.) but it was just Lynda I was paying attention to...if
anything happened I wanted to just look at her. I couldn't believe how
perfect she was, instant love...

Everything is such a blur, they gave me something to help get the bleeding to stop, they stitched me up etc etc...

Another thing I didn't know until later was that when I was pushing
once her head was out my nurse told me to stop so we could get the
doctor. But, I didn't/couldn't stop pushing! They (my mom, sister, Sohn and
nurse) were yelling at me to stop So the doctor ran in, tossed the blue
plastic thing on and got my baby out before she slipped out.

8:24 am November 2, 2008. Lynda Jewel Masey. 6lbs 7 oz - 18 in long.

First look (I cry so ugly)


Reply With Quote
January 24th, 2009, 09:15 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 22,043
wow such detail! you must have gotten that written down quickly! congrats, you have a gorgeous little girl!

homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama


Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0