Log In Sign Up

Jaeda Ella Georgia 22/06/08

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2009, 02:12 PM
xRainbowUKx's Avatar Regular
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 92
I was 40+5 when had a sweep on the 20th June 2008 to see if it would help progress things along.

I had a C-Section booked for the 30th as had had a C-Section with my son as he was transverse and they did not want to induce me.

20th-21st June 2008
Nothing happened during Thursday daytime. It was only on the night that I felt the first symptoms of labor as kept being woken up by these painful cramp type pains. They must have eased off as I woke up in the morning to find they had dissapeared.

21st-22nd June 2008

At about 12pm I went to the toilet and noticed I had lots of blood stained jelly which immediately I thought to be my plug. I called up my mum and she confirmed it to be this so felt excited that things were finally on the move
During the afternoon I started to get pains but nothing regular or very painful. They slowly started to get more frequent but again not very painful. I called the labor ward at about 10pm and they said to come in and get checked as they were quiet.
As soon as I got there the midwife came in to examine me and to my utter surprise I was told I was 3 cm and that I could go to the labor suite. Immdeiatly after her examination I started to bleed and contraction started to get a lot more painful.
During the course of the night my contractions started to get closer and closee together. I remember them registering nearly at the top of the scale and saying this is a breeze ( little did I know).
I was coping with gas and air and also has a shot of peditden (sp) (hated that stuff as knocked me for six for near;y 24hr even though it did help me sleep) untill the early hours of the morning where the pains were becoming unbearable. I asked for an eipdural which was administered but did not work on one side despite the several attempts.
It came to about 11am where the midwife was about to give me the drip as things had slwoed down.
Its funny because as soon as she mentioned it my contractions started up like I have never felt before.
This is where I really started to feel scared as had never felt anything like these pains that would not let up. They were on top of each other and I found it extremely hard to cope. I got to the stage where they said I could start pushing and was literally all over the place as the pain was just unbearble. God knows how I coped but after alot of pushing and a cut my little girl was born at 12.42pm weight 7lb 10oz

Sorry if that sounded confusing. It has been a yr so not as fresh in my memory.
Mum to 2 gorgeous kids and WTTC #3

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0