Log In Sign Up

Aiden birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2008, 07:03 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,710
Since DH and Aiden are sleeping i figure i would post the birth story and pictures.

I was schedule to be at the hospital at 530 am for my induction. Once I was checked in they started on my vitals and monitor the baby heartbeat and my contractions. I didnít feel any but they said I was getting small ones. The Doc came in about 9am and I was between 2 and 3 cm so he put the pill into my cervix. I was able to walk around for awhile until he returned and I was only at 3 cm. They started my pitocin around noon. I was having cramps but not bad contractions. Through out the whole day they increased the pitocin up to 17 but nothing happen. The doc returned around 5pm and I was still at 3 cm. We stopped everything around 6 or 7 so I can eat and everything started back up around 3:30am.

In the morning, they started to monitor the baby and my contractions and around 5 am they started my pitocin back up. The midwife showed up between 8 and 9 to check my cervix. I was still at 3cm. This whole morning I was only having mild cramping and not really feeling the contractions. By noon they had increased my pitocin to 20 which is the max without doc/midwife approval. The nurse received approval to start to increase up to 30 but once they hit 30 they would have to internally monitor my contractions and baby heartbeat. The doc showed up around noon and checked my cervix and I was still at 3 cm. He said to keep increasing it until 30 and if nothing happens then they will break my water.

DH decided to go home for a couple of hours while we waited to for the doc to return. The doc returned about 2 hours later and I was almost at 30 with the pitocin and only having mild cramps and I was still at 3 cm. Around 2:20 the doc returned and broke my water and connected internal monitor for my contractions and for the baby. Within 15 mins of them breaking my water my pain went from nothing to an unbearable pain. I rang for the nurse several times but I guess they were busy and didnít show up. I ended up vomiting on my blanket and floor and around 3pm DH showed up. I told him to get the nurse. I requested an epi. Luckily the anesthetists had just showed up checking to see if anyone needed an epi. All we needed was the okay from the doctor and that came back within mins. DH couldnít stay in the room while I was in pain. He started to feel weak and sick from it. So, for that time frame I labor alone until I had the epi. The anesthetists gave me the epi and within 10mins I didnít feel any more pain.

The doc returned around 4pm and I was still at 3cm. They had to lower the pitocin since the baby heartbeat had dropped. They let me labor for a couple more hours and at 6 pm I was still at 3 cm. At this point the doctor told me I can continue to labor throughout the night or we can have Csection. He thought it was time the baby came out since he wasnít handling it to well and while in labor for two days I only dilated to 3cm.

I agreed and within an hour I was completely prepped and numbed and couldnít move. I didnít realize how the medication would make me shake so much. My arms were shaking during the csection. DH was in the room with me during the csection and they made sure he could not see anything going on unless the wanted to. When they pulled Aidens head out he looked for a second to see his son being born. He left with Aiden while I was being stitched back together. I saw him from a distance before he left the room and a couple hours later I was able to hold my son for the first time.

Aiden was born at 7:08 PM Friday. He weigh 7 lbs 5oz and 20 inches long.

Here are some pictures of my baby boy....

Aiden right after birth

His weight

First bath

Proud Mom and Aiden

Proud Dad and Aiden

Aiden sleeping on Dad

pictures of Aiden


Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0