Log In Sign Up

New here - diminished ovarian reserves and TTC #2 (child and m/c mentioned)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Hi Ladies,

A friend of mine told me about this board and I'm hoping you can give me some advice. I'm 34 and I have a 2 yo DD who we conceived easily. We've been trying for #2 since I got my PPAF in April 2011. I started charting and OPKs in June 2011 and we had well timed intercourse each month. My cycles were funky - late (for me) ovulation (CD 15 - 19) and a LPD. My LP was only 7 - 9 days. I got a rx for prometrium and the second month on it, got pg. I had a missed m/c in March at 9 weeks. Today marks my third failed try since the m/c.

In the meantime, I got tested and my AFC was only 7. My FSH is only 6, but my E2 was 75. So, I've been diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserves. DH is great.

My RE recommended 1 or 2 clomid/IUI cycles and then IVF. The thing is, my insurance requires "lesser before greater" interventions. Specifically 3 IUIs with injectables before IVF. I've started the appeal process with them, but I won't know the verdict for a while.

My DH is terrified of multiples and the RE seemed very against injectables. I've got a second opinion on Monday, but I want to get some sort of ball rolling now.

Also, my insurance has a $15k lifetime max, so that's not going to take us very far.

If you've made it to this point of the post, I'd love to hear what your advice is. Do I do the injectable rounds if the insurance rejects my appeal? I guess I have no other choice beyond paying OOP.

Anyways, just thought I'd see if you "experts" have some good ideas.


Last edited by macaco; July 10th, 2012 at 12:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
July 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4,949
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
That is tricky one. Hopefully your insurance will allow you to move to Ivf over the injectibles with iui. I got pg naturally with my first' but lost it around 9 weeks. My second pregnancy was injectibles/ iui and that resulted in my son Ronan. There was the risk of multiples but it worked out okay for us.
For pregnancy number 3 we went back to injectibles and iui ( I was 26 now) and this time I responded differently. I had waaaay too many follicles and was at risk for high order multiples so we had to cancel the cycles, and decided to move on to Ivf. Ivf is great at there is much more control. If we weren't comfortable with the idea if twins, we would have had the option of only transferring one embryo. We however were hoping for twins, so we transferred two, and got our two little blessing two weeks ago
If you go to a clinic that has excellent success rates ( check out their SART charts) then I would do everything I could to move forward with Ivf. Best decision we ever made. Good luck!!!
Reply With Quote
July 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Tracy87's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 812
That's a scary diagnosis, but I just have to tell you that you should be extremely grateful for any amount your insurance would pay. As someone that is currently paying for EVERYTHING OPP I would love to have $15,000 from the insurance company to go toward this. I hope they can bypass the IUIs for you and go directly where you have the most control and more chance of success. Good Luck!!
Tracy (25), married to Matt (27)
Established 8-12-05
TTC #1 since 4/2010

LAP Feb 2012
Stage 3 Endo Removed
July 2012 First IVF Cycle

Reply With Quote
January 18th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central Washington
Posts: 733
Hi! I just posted a similar thread yesterday. We're the same age and DDs are too. My diagnosis was extremely high FSH and I just got it yesterday. There's a chance some was because it was the wrong day to test, but doubtful that it was that far off. Anyway, your post sounded like mine. I need to see someone but don't know where to go or how to know. I sure hope you find your answers. Best of luck!
Thank you GraysMama for my amazing siggy!

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0