Child support vent.... *UPDATE!!!!! in opening post*

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Not about actually paying it to DSS's mom!!!!!!!

DH has been back to work since October 3rd full time. Wisconsin does NOT make it easy to pay your child support. First he had to report AFTER he started work that he was back. Great, they're open 8-3 DH works 7-5:30 with a 1hr commute in each direction. So he uses up a lunch hour to call. They tell him he's now got to go online to get it started...

Ok fine, so we get online, they want DSS's social. So we get a hold of his mom, get the number, it doesn't work. We call her back, she apologizes, she didn't realize we wanted it for the support papers, it's wrong in the system, gives us new number. Ok, great.

Then we have to request something called "Child's PIN". Alright, "submit"... hmm... 7-10 business days to arrive... We are there scratching our heads. He only has ten to have his first payment made or he risks arrest... but they don't give us the info in that ten days? 18 days later, no paper in the mail with the PIN and we're moving. The ONLY way to get this pin is online. So we resubmit. Another 7-10 days.

Seriously this is crazy. DSS's mom has already been waiting four weeks for her support! So I go out to town the other day, get on the line impersonating DH's sister (just asked a generic question as a payee's sister) wondering if since the PIN has not arrived if we can send her half the support and the other half to the court. They tell me no. *sigh*.

This paper has another week to arrive. DSS's mom will be here in less than two weeks for Thanksgiving (the weekend before due to work issues) and yet we STILL can't give her the money because it has to be done through the court. This job ends in four weeks and then he's finished his commitment (as per his support order, no payments to be made while on unemployment since we have DSS 50% of the time, so to save them from making her pay for our time, no one pays.. she just knows to ask if she needs money) until the end of January..... at this rate she might see the $$ in January!

I am so absolutely frustrated with this system! DH doesn't work the kind of job where he can sit on the phone waiting for people to help him and we're pretty sure I can't call on his behalf.. and if I could I have no signal here so I can't do it anyway! DSS's mom has alleviated a lot of her bills (she moved in with her boyfriend) but Christmas is coming, she's got a train trip to Illinois coming and she's missing almost $300 a week because the state can't get their act together and get her payments started!

DH already has enough worries about his boy, he doesn't need to have the worries that there's not enough money to take care of him on top of those!

/end

**UPDATE**

DH comes in today waving his paystub around. The support amt listed in his divorce documents was deducted from his check this week!!!! It's not the correct amt to be 17% of what he made, but hell it's a start! Still no pin paper today, but I'll take this as a positive sign. If they don't get it right we'll deal with the clerk's office when we get back to Appleton to make sure the full 17% is paid in full to them so they can't come after him later.

YAY FOR PROGRESS!

Last edited by plan4fate; November 10th, 2011 at 05:12 PM.
November 7th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Super Mommy
Do you really need to go through the system? Can't you just send her the checks?
November 7th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How frustrating! That's just insane! Is there any way you can get it changed so that you don't have to go through the system. We don't live in Wisconsin so I don't know the rules there but dh just sends his ex a check every month.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 7th, 2011, 01:02 PM
According to the family law papers we got there is no other way, it's their way in ensuring that people are paying the proper amount (since it's not a set dollar amount, it's a percent in Wi) each week.

I just don't get why it couldn't be easy. He has to pay a $65 fee yearly (both do) for this, but he couldn't pay it while he was in town, it had to be mailed with the stupid PIN info and his first payment...

I assume they'll dock his pay for the rest of the payments that they've missed? As of right now he owes payments from the 3rd of October on... Right now he's missed 5 payments because of this crap, that's just about a full weeks pay for him.

November 7th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's a % of income in Illinois too but Dh's income doesn't fluctuate so we pay the same amount every month. I can see why it would be necessary for some with fluctuating income. While your DH would pay the correct amount, others might not.

Just sucks when the system put in place to help makes it worse.

My 2 miracles: Lucinda & Noah
November 8th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Super Mommy
Wow, that sounds like such a pain! Before our divorce was finalized, DH was giving me a set amount every two weeks. Kansas made note of what he payed me and put it towards child support. It wasn't a big deal. I'm glad I was in a state that made things easy!
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
November 10th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2miracles View Post
It's a % of income in Illinois too but Dh's income doesn't fluctuate so we pay the same amount every month. I can see why it would be necessary for some with fluctuating income. While your DH would pay the correct amount, others might not.

Just sucks when the system put in place to help makes it worse.
Well from what we gathered from he laywer (it say nowhere in his payment info) his child support comes out of his regular work pay. So she gets that amt, then she gets what's in his OT.. and the OT can vary. I'm honestly not sure if they even take that or we have to make arrangements for it to be paid on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sonsplus1 View Post
Wow, that sounds like such a pain! Before our divorce was finalized, DH was giving me a set amount every two weeks. Kansas made note of what he payed me and put it towards child support. It wasn't a big deal. I'm glad I was in a state that made things easy!
Any money paid to her that doesn't go through the family processing center is considered a gift and will not count towards his child support. So if he caved and sent her some of what he owes, he'd still have to pay it in full to them, and they'd pay it in full to her. It's a very messed up system.

Yeah, still no letter with the Pin. DH suspects that the letter is sitting in our box in Wi, despite the fact we've typed in our current address twice.

Tomorrow is pay day #5.... and BioMom hasn't seen a penny yet. I just don't get it. I have a man who WANTS to pay his support and they're basically making it impossible! They've called her twice to see if she's received payment and thankfully she's saying we've not received the paperwork and it's not our fault.. because it's keeping an arrest warrant at bay.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search