Can I join?

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I need a place to come chat about being a step mommy! I have been searching for the right board. Some seem very negative and I don't want that. A little backstory about me:

I am a mom and a stepmom. My husband had two children when we met and I had none. We have one together now. The mother of his children was his high school sweetheart. His in-laws never cared for him because him and his ex became parents their junior year of high school. But, they stayed together and married right after high school. They moved into his parents home together and both worked and attended college as his parents helped with the girls (they had twin girls). Her parents wrote them off and wanted nothing to do with them. Eventually they got their own place. Both graduated college. He got a 4 year degree, she did a 2 year program.

Anyways, she began having back problems and began taking prescribed pain meds. She developed a problem with them and their marriage went down the tubes. They didn't split up, but they were miserable. She didn't want help and she was so bad my husband stopped leaving the girls alone with her. She ended up getting into a car accident when she was high on pain meds. Luckily the girls were not with her. She didn't make it.

After that her parents tried to fight my husband for custody of the girls. He won, but not without spending tons of money. Then they tried to fight for visitation, but lost that battle too. Hubby didn't want the girls to have no connection to their mother's family so he began allowing them to come over and see the girls. Eventually he allowed day outings with them and the girls. He has been reluctant to offer more than that.

A few years ago we met. It was after all this happened. We fell in love and I fell in love with his girls. We married and soon after got pregnant with our son. So I am now a proud step mommy to 9 year old twins Jenae and Justine. And proud mommy to 2 year old Rylan. Hopefully we will be adding to our family soon!

So thats my story. Hope to get to know all of your stories soon!!
February 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Happy Mommy
welcome
February 15th, 2013, 03:04 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
welcome!!

February 15th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Welcome!

*Excitedly expecting baby girl number two!*

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
February 15th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Stepmom2Be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!
February 15th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Howdy! I don't blame him, they wrote them off even though they were working to get their stuff together. Don't be sad now just because she's passed away. Oi.
February 15th, 2013, 06:50 PM
ShesaDreamer's Avatar If Only. If Only <3
Welcome!

DSD:S 12
DSS:T 7
DD: A 6 Autism, Global Developmental Delays

Getting Married 6/11/16!!!

February 15th, 2013, 07:39 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Welcome to the group

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

February 15th, 2013, 09:36 PM
stucklikeglue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!

February 16th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome!
February 16th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Thanks everyone! And yes Ember Rose, the grandparents didn't care about the kids until their daughter passed. They never helped my husband and their daughter with the girls. They were just negative all the time. Yes my husband got their daughter pregnant in high school, but it took two! And he stood by her side the whole time and they both did well for themselves in spite of having children young. My husband is in the corporate world making great money and their daughter was in the medical field making great money too.
February 16th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!

February 19th, 2013, 03:38 PM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppiemum View Post
I need a place to come chat about being a step mommy! I have been searching for the right board. Some seem very negative and I don't want that.
I hear you there! I am lurking on this board because I joined a step-parenting forum willy-nilly only to attacked by the Vicious Know-It-All Smug Psycho Step-moms! I was SHOCKED at how judgmental and negative people were on my FIRST POST before they knew me or my situation at all...all I wanted was advice about how far to push my soon-to-be stepson's mother in terms of trying to get him to our wedding... I didn't get any advice about that, but I got a lot about everything else!

In my experience JM has always been a cut above and I hope to join in this community for a supportive place for venting, advice, etc.

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search