2 Little Girls that canít get along....

Forum: Blended Families

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Blended Families LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2018, 09:35 PM
My fiancť and I moved in together four months ago. We have been together now for a year and a half. He has two teenage sons and one 8 year old daughter. I have a 10 year old daughter. The girls used to get along, but as our relationship progressed, theirs seemed to deteriorate. They still get along sometimes. But they have different personalities. They now are sharing a bedroom, and I think that is hard for them to get used to. His daughter always wanted a sister, and was very upset that my daughter wasnít happy about moving in together. My daughter feels that she lost the only home she had ever known, her own room, her time with me, her cats, her best friend across the street. (My fiancťís son is allergic to cats, so one cat lives outside now and one lives with my mom.). They have started to argue more. Some of it is blown out of proportion and some is real angers. My fiancť and I have had a hard time discussing it, as he doesnít see fault in his daughter. Iíve always been aware of my daughters faults, and I strive to teach and guide her. When a situation occurs and itís her fault, I handle it. I talk to her. I acknowledge her behavior. He did not acknowledge his daughters for a long time, then when he did, he stated that she was reacting to my daughters behavior. He insisted he didnít mean that it was her fault. My reaction wasnít great. I get very defensive as I see the fault in both ends, but I am not able to correct his daughter. I donít feel that itís my place. He now says itís no-ones fault, itís just the way itís unfolded. I am hoping and praying that there is a light at the end of this tunnel! Does anyone have any advice? Or a similar story? Does it get better? I want them both to be happy. We try so hard to give them an environment that is happy and healthy. And tbh, we are probably spoiling them, trying to make sure they have everything they want. We make sure they have one on one time with parent and keep trying to find new ways to help ease them into this new life. When they are getting along, itís so wonderful!!!! I know they wonít always get along perfectly, I just donít want there to be this deap seated resentment of each other. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search