Log In Sign Up

Across state lines...

Forum: Single Mommies


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Knoxville,Tennessee
Posts: 3,593
Send a message via AIM to i3ai3ydanny
Does anyone have C/S that is garnished or paid through C/S enforcement over state lines? I am considering moving out of state for other reasons but was wondering how that will affect C/S...

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my GREAT siggy.

Reply With Quote
March 1st, 2012, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,925
No idea as I would assume the child support would still follow you.

Reply With Quote
March 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,501
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
C/s will still follow you. When you get to the new state (if you move) you just go into the local c/s office I assume and sign up there? Or you can leave it at the same state you are at currently, but results in the fact, each time you want to change it/or a hearing on it, you'd have to travel to that state.

Reply With Quote
March 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Join Date: May 2008
Location: MI
Posts: 14,754
No, but if DS's dad was paying child support, I would have. Before I moved (our c/s case was still pending) I talked to the friend of the court and was told that it was very simple. If I moved, I had to let the court know and then contact the friend of the court in my new state and they would enforce it for me.
Amy: Wife to my Handsome Husband Mommy to my superhero, Max (3) and Luckiest Bonus Mama to Sammy (5)

Reply With Quote
March 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomington, Illinois
Posts: 2,164
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
No I'm not but I heard that your c/s order will switch to the state you're living in after 6 months. So that might affect the amount of c/s you get depending on the state laws.

Steph (24)

Reply With Quote

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0