so it CAN be done?!!!

Forum: Single Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Single Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I'm amazed.

I just had a calm, mature conversation with J. (Emersyn's father) about some stuff going on in my life right now, namely the fact that I may have to move in order to be with my girlfriend. I don't WANT it to come to that, but if her ex husband won't budge (they have 60/40 shared care, and neither me or her want to take the kids away from him), then it may have to be that way. Either I'd move up to where they are, or L's. ex husband will find a job close-ish to here, and I would move 1-2 hours away.

Ideally her ex husband would find a job close enough to here that he can have the kids every weekend, and then J. can have Emmy every weekend... next 'best' option is me moving a little way away, and J. still have Em for weekends... last resort is me moving up to where they live.....

I told J. about all the options, and while he said it'd break his heart if I moved that far away, he understands that I have to do what makes me happy. But he's really stepped up to the mark with Emersyn, and I don't want to take her away from him, to the extent that he'd only see her one weekend every few weeks - or even less... especially considering he moved here so he COULD be closer to her and so he COULD be a 'weekend Dad'.....

I don't give a **** what Gaby's father thinks. He has never stepped up to the mark, and hasn't made any effort to be a good Dad. He has her one day a week and that's it - as it is, Gaby doesn't even WANT to go to his house now. So I know it'd be a happier situation for her if she was living with me & L (and her kids)......

I'm still amazed I managed to have such a conversation with J... he even told me he's going to propose to his girlfriend, and joked around about him being the one who 'turned me' off men & onto women....

Anyway.. I had to share, because I knew that of anyone, you ladies would get what a huge deal this is.

March 20th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Totally get it glad you had a good talk with J.

March 20th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
glad you guys had a decent conversation

March 23rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
orrickster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to orrickster
That is great! Hopefully that continues! It does make things so much easier and leaves you feeling great afterwards!

Recently me and my ex are starting to get along much better. I will admit, though, that he's taken farther steps than I have only because I had basically given up and I told him I was done being the only one working for this relationship. I don't know what changed, but he's much more open and honest and, I hate to say it, but fun. Weird!

Steph (24)

March 28th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sweetiez
YAYYYYYYYYYYY thats great!!!!!! Congrats dear! Im happy for you that He is understanding now.... im wishing you the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search