Poll for artists only

Forum: Siggies R Us

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Free For All Requests
Free For All Fridays 8 50.00%
Free For All Anytime 4 25.00%
I probably wouldn't participate in Free For All requests 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Siggies R Us LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The suggestion was made to allow siggy requests to be done on a "Free For All" basis. This would mean that any artist that wanted to make the siggy could, rather than just the first artist to respond, and the requestor could choose whichever siggy they wanted, or possibly use each one, alternating them over time.

We hope that this will encourage some newbie artists to jump in and try making siggies without having the pressure of "what happens if the requestor doesn't like it?!".

Please vote in the poll and indicate whether you think that we should allow Free For All requests just on Fridays (members are allowed to mark their requests as FFA only on Fridays), or on other days as well (members are allowed to mark their request as FFA on any day), or you can indicate that you're not interested in participating in FFA requests.

No artist will be required to participate, it's totally your decision.
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
June 12th, 2006, 03:52 PM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think FFA Fridays is great! But maybe if the requester doesnt know what she wants exactly she can put FFA in the subject line so that she can get some choices--doesnt matter if its friday or not.

June 12th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Regular
I'd really like to see it any time of the week, because then the requester has many to choose from and may use all over time. Plus the makers can use FFA's as practice without feeling like the person might nowt like it as you said. Practice makes perfect JMO
June 12th, 2006, 05:46 PM
dkmommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I think FFA Fridays is great! But maybe if the requester doesnt know what she wants exactly she can put FFA in the subject line so that she can get some choices--doesnt matter if its friday or not.[/b]
June 12th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Jacquie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As someone who voted that I probably wouldn't participate, I just thought that I would explain why.

If I knew that someone else (possibly multiple people) were already working on a siggy for someone, I wouldn't bother making something for that same person. First of all because there are likely other people waiting for siggies to be made for them and it doesn't seem fair for everyone to be working on that one while others wait. The other reason is that between my full time job, trying to get a business started, and every once in a while DH likes to spend time with me too , I only have so much time to do siggies. I really like to do them though, especially for friends at JM, so I make time. I would feel as though that time could have been better spent doing something else though if multiple members are filling the same requests and some might never get used.

That said, I really like the idea of more newbies trying to make siggies, and if something like this would help make them feel more comfortable about jumping in, I'm all for it. So, even though I voted that I wouldn't participate myself, I think having a day reserved for FFA posts (FFA Fridays) could be a positive thing.
TTC #1:
5/20/05:
5/27/05:
5/28/05: miscarriage
08/27/05:
08/30/05: miscarriage
01/15/05: misdiagnosed with PCOS
08/29/06: first appt at fertility clinic (was already pregnant with dd and didn't know it)
08/31/06:
05/16/07: DD was born

TTC #2:
11/13/09: let's try again!
03/10/10: tests with new OB - everything totally normal for DH and I, no indication of pcos; officially diagnosed with "Unexplained Infertility"
04/21/10 - 10/13/10: 7 unsuccessful rounds of clomid with OB
11/13/10 - 14/23/11: 3 unsuccessful IUI's with clomid at fertility clinic
07/27/11: ER for IVF - retrieved 27; 17 were mature enough to fertilize; all 17 fertilized; 11 made it to day 3 embryos; 6 made it to day 6 blasts. Transferred 1, froze 5.
08/08/11: positive hpt!
08/13/11 - 08/20/11: positive blood test (186), but cramping and bleeding. 2 days later, blood at 275; 2 days later, blood at 21. Inevitable miscarriage.
10/13/11: start suprefact for first FET
June 12th, 2006, 07:27 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I like the FFA idea because I like to make siggies and it is fun for me and there isn't alway enough requests to go around. I don't like to feel like I am hogging them all. I also know that everyone doesn't have the same sense of style. I think with a ffa I would feel more free to try something new and experiment more.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
June 12th, 2006, 07:41 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like that idea of ffa, but I voted I wouldn't participate. I know I haven't been around too much but with my schedule as it's been I don't have a whole lot of time and I would hate for someone to sit and wait because everyone is working on one person. But I also think it's important for as many people as possible to participate so maybe having FFA would be a great idea.

June 12th, 2006, 09:10 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
I wanted to add that maybe we should try it out on Fridays and see how it goes. If it's a hit and going well then maybe expand it to any day.

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
June 12th, 2006, 09:33 PM
greenjeans's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I wanted to add that maybe we should try it out on Fridays and see how it goes. If it's a hit and going well then maybe expand it to any day.[/b]
That's a pretty good idea

June 14th, 2006, 02:27 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I like FFA Friday! Here is the reasons I like it. I think this way the siggy makers that just really like making siggies can make them more often. This way the ladies that like to change their siggies all the time can get new ones more frequently without being disruptive to the board. With the FFA Friday idea, the siggy makers that like making a lot of siggies can make them and the ones that don't have the time, can sit these requests out. I think there are siggy makers here that would like to practice and this would be great for them. Plus for me it would be good because, honestly, I don't have time to make siggies all the time. If I could just play around on Fridays and set that day aside as my siggy day, I would like that. I think it would be fun!

I don't like the idea of doing free for alls all the time because I think that it could be disruptive to the flow of things. Just my thoughts.

Visit us at the Am I Pregnant board.
Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

***Find me on Facebook!***
June 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
I know I'm getting to this late. I love the FFA Fridays idea. I love making siggys for people and sometimes, I see a request with pictures that I'd love to try to do something with and another artist has already responded.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search