Do you have a hard time making friends?

Forum: Mental Health

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By pattyandthemoos
  • 1 Post By MommytoZoeAlyssa
  • 1 Post By Rainbow Momma
  • 1 Post By ..Michelle..

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Mental Health LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2013, 10:31 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am outgoing and very sociable but I also have terrible problems with anxiety. It makes it hard for me to open up to people and let them know the real me. I really only have a couple of "real friends." I know a lot of people but I don't get close to people easily or really let them know the real me, if that makes sense.

Visit us at the Am I Pregnant board.
Are you trying to lose weight or get in shape? Stop by the Mommy Fitness board and say hello.

***Find me on Facebook!***
November 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM
MommytoZoeAlyssa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do not make friends easily. Honestly before I was on Zoloft I barely spoke to new people unless I just had to. I have trust issues and have a hard time making friends due to that. It takes me a while to get warmed up to a person before I can talk to them as a friend and even longer before I will trust them.
lainey0115 likes this.

November 8th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im super shy and even with the few friends i have i always feel like im imposing
lainey0115 likes this.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

November 26th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Regular
All 3 of you girls sound just like me. Isn't it sad that we have to live life feeling this way. I always feel like I am the only person in the world that feels like this. I also find it hard to trust people.. when it comes to showing them the real me, a lot of times I don't even know who that is anymore. I'm not on medication... but after hearing what zoes_mommy said about zoloft, I think I need some!
November 27th, 2013, 03:11 AM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Same here! I have very, very few friends. What "friends" I do have are mostly the spouses of DH's friends. He's 13 years older than me at 47 so they're all older and call me a young'en or talk to me like I'm a freaking kid
I also feel like I'm imposing or asking too much even for something simple like a glass of water, even if I was choking to death. I'm also very passive at times so I let people use me just to have them as friends. I know it's not healthy and I'm working on it but self confidence is so hard to attain after beating your self down and berating your self for so long!
lainey0115 likes this.

November 27th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Michelle.. View Post
I know it's not healthy and I'm working on it but self confidence is so hard to attain after beating your self down and berating your self for so long!
I'm right there with ya.
December 12th, 2013, 07:14 AM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I make friends easily but people tend to annoy me, so I don't have a lot of friends and I like it that way

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search