Algebra, Oh My Goodness

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2004, 07:01 PM
YankeeMom
I just cracked my College Algebra textbook...started reading it, cruising along thinking I'm doing fine...until I have to use that &(*%^$^(*)&^^&**&*( scientific calculator. Do you think ANYWHERE in the 2 inch thick instuction book that came with the flipping thing that there's anything about HOW to do a "ZDecimal" ? it defines it. Doesn't tell me how the heck to do it

I am in so much trouble....

dh is in the middle of his college algebra class, he knows how to use this stinking thing but he's doing the Army thing until next week
August 19th, 2004, 07:57 PM
zonapellucida
Usually the functions are listed on the quick reference card--what brand did you buy?
August 20th, 2004, 06:42 AM
YankeeMom
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida@Aug 19 2004, 08:57 PM
Usually the functions are listed on the quick reference card--what brand did you buy?
It's a Texas Instruments.

I did end up figuring it out. There are instructions in the Appendix of my math book of all places. There are notes in the margins telling me where to find instructions on each of the functions But it would be nice if they had those in the instructions of the calculator book! Jeesh!

Now I just need to find out what they mean when they say "justify your graph"
August 20th, 2004, 08:44 AM
zonapellucida
Quote:
Originally posted by YankeeMom+Aug 20 2004, 07:42 AM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-zonapellucida
Quote:
@Aug 19 2004, 08:57 PM
Usually the functions are listed on the quick reference card--what brand did you* buy?

I did end up figuring it out. There are instructions in the Appendix of my math book of all places. There are notes in the margins telling me where to find instructions on each of the functions But it would be nice if they had those in the instructions of the calculator book! Jeesh!

Now I just need to find out what they mean when they say "justify your graph" [/b]
Love TI!! That's what I use.

I think justification is providing the equation for the line or function of your graph.
August 20th, 2004, 08:55 AM
YankeeMom
Quote:
Originally posted by zonapellucida+Aug 20 2004, 09:44 AM-->
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2004, 07:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-zonapellucida
Quote:
Quote:
@Aug 19 2004, 08:57 PM
Usually the functions are listed on the quick reference card--what brand did you* buy?

Now I just need to find out what they mean when they say "justify your graph"
Love TI!! That's what I use.

I think justification is providing the equation for the line or function of your graph. [/b]
But they are qualitative graphs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search