School and Family Life

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How do you balance school and your family life?

I am really struggling in ths area. My classes are online. Last semester my biggest issue was i'd wait and wait on monday until our teacher posted the assignments and that wasn't until the afternoon. And then I wouldn't have enough time during the day because of an odd nap time, and DD wanting to be held or me resting with her. The only time I really had was on weekends and I hate that the only days DH is off work I spend all day working on assignments.

This semester, DD still has an odd nap patterns [still likes to be held]. We got a pack-n-play and put it with our computer upstairs, and am moving my laptop upstairs and that will but the "school" area - nothing else. School doesn't come out, distraction stay out. So hopefully that will help.
January 4th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Lydata's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Lydata
We set up a way that we don't take the same classes each semester so one of us is home with Gloria while the other is in class.
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center">Madeline410 (JM board)</div>
January 4th, 2007, 09:33 AM
TotsnTwins
I stay home with the kids during the day. Hubby takes our son to school, I pick him up. Hubby comes home from work, and I leave for school. He watches the kids, makes dinner, cleans, does homework with our son, and puts them to bed. I don't get home til 10pm usually and I leave for school at 4:30pm. class starts at 6pm. (I like to leave early in case there is traffic which can take anywhere up to an hour to get to school on a bad day)
January 4th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Kristin143's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristin143
Quote:
How do you balance school and your family life?

I am really struggling in ths area. My classes are online. Last semester my biggest issue was i'd wait and wait on monday until our teacher posted the assignments and that wasn't until the afternoon. And then I wouldn't have enough time during the day because of an odd nap time, and DD wanting to be held or me resting with her. The only time I really had was on weekends and I hate that the only days DH is off work I spend all day working on assignments.

This semester, DD still has an odd nap patterns [still likes to be held]. We got a pack-n-play and put it with our computer upstairs, and am moving my laptop upstairs and that will but the "school" area - nothing else. School doesn't come out, distraction stay out. So hopefully that will help.[/b]

At first it was easy! Two semests i was on the deans list and all with a 4.0 & 3.6 NOW this semst i took 6 classes again and boy did i pay for it! I had to drop one of them @@ (i cried) and im walking away with 3 C's and 2 B's and as i sit and type this its HARD for me to even understand how i got so far off track!! I'm taking 5 classes this smest! My graddy has been pushed back from April to Aug its not a BIG change but a change that is hurting me kwim? I feel like i failed myself :Shrugs:
January 4th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I take all my classes online for now. I'm a homeschooling mom of 4 as well, so I can't do homework during the day anymore. I wait and do all my work after dinner while the hubby is home to help with the kids. He's actually not that big of a help, so most nights I end up waiting til the kids are in bed to start schoolwork. It's hard though because then I don't have much downtime at all, and not very much time to spend with my husband. I'll be very glad when school is done. Unfortunately, that's many years away since I need to get my Master's and I'm still only working through junior college.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
January 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Kristin143's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristin143
Quote:
I take all my classes online for now. I'm a homeschooling mom of 4 as well, so I can't do homework during the day anymore. I wait and do all my work after dinner while the hubby is home to help with the kids. He's actually not that big of a help, so most nights I end up waiting til the kids are in bed to start schoolwork. It's hard though because then I don't have much downtime at all, and not very much time to spend with my husband. I'll be very glad when school is done. Unfortunately, that's many years away since I need to get my Master's and I'm still only working through junior college.[/b]
Dont you know by now we are all SUPER MOM dont worry my hubby attempts to help but its just not the same ill watch him with the kids then just get all itchy and get up and do it! I got a call from the Dean today and he said my final for one class was lost i needed to do another .. SO i did it with my 2yo on my lap on the computer lol..

What made you get into home schooling? How old are the kids? If you said before im sorry i think i missed!
January 4th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Mom2DyJessAva's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i just got finished with night school (14 weeks) and 2 classes of power point and gym (7 weeks) my grandma watched my son while i was at school but when i had homework he was right there sitting on my lap trying to pull the paper while im writing...im planning on going to college next year and im hoping my grandma will still watch dylan his dad isnt any help

January 5th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
At first it was easy! Two semests i was on the deans list and all with a 4.0 & 3.6 NOW this semst i took 6 classes again and boy did i pay for it! I had to drop one of them @@ (i cried) and im walking away with 3 C's and 2 B's and as i sit and type this its HARD for me to even understand how i got so far off track!! I'm taking 5 classes this smest! My graddy has been pushed back from April to Aug its not a BIG change but a change that is hurting me kwim? I feel like i failed myself :Shrugs:[/b]
I think i'm in the same boat at times. You havn't failed yourself though. BUt I know the feeling. I was totally commited to only As; but got bairly a B in one class. GPA is still good, but those were easy no-brainer classes. And this semster i'm taking much scarier classes.

Motherbird- WOW! Homeschooling 4 kiddos AND school yourself - WOW! Thats awsome, I hope I would be able to do that. I plan to homeschool Hailey, and i'll probably still be doing some coursework if I decide to go into elementary edu after this.

I get the "itch" too. I'm so particular. If DH is totally away from me and I can't see them, its alot easier.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search