lurker needs a vent

Forum: Student Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Student Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2007, 09:40 AM
first_time_mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm 18w6d pregnant and i have missed alot of college, due to illness and just sheer lack of motivation. I am now behind in alot of the work but making up for it isnt really doable cos i have the new work and my job to do. I just feel a little overwhelmed sometimes.

any advice on how you ladies get the work done with small children around? or pregnant moms, how do you keep your attention on the subjects?

Robyn, wife to Steven, mom to Jake (7th Aug 2007)
March 4th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Mybubbies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been lurking around for quite some time and have not replied to anything, but I saw your post and I had to give you some advice.

I have a 14month old, work full time and go to grad school part time. I got preg while in schoo, have the baby now and plan on getting pg in the fall. I will be graduating in Spring '08. How do I do it? MOTIVATION! I have to get this degree, it is a committment I made to myself and I am now so far along I just push myself to get there.

I am tired, crabby, I ache in every bone in my body and I feel like I cannot read another word. I am studying for a mid term on THursday and I just feel like I have no more brain power. BUT I will suceed! I am keeping my eye on the prize and this will be an awesome lesson for my son as he ventures into the academic world!

Keep plugging along and know that your degree will give you insurance to be able to support your kids no matter what happens to others in your life. You go!

Melissa
March 11th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Hydi&#39;sMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree...the only way I can do it is to think about the "prize" at the end of the road. It is harder for me though b/c I have alot of school left still! I'm going for my doctorates in Jan.!!!
I am preggo, w/a toddler, work, and school...I just try to get all my school work done at school or when Hydi is napping. Next semester I will be taking some online classes to cover some more "extra" credits that I need. I don't know about doctorates school though...that is going to be a whole diff. story w/2 kids!!! We just have to keep thinking of the future and what great things these stupid classes will bring us and our family,lol! Keep it up!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search