I'm just over it!

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Conversation with my cousin's wife and I (yes, the same one as before)

Her: So, I hear that you decided a while ago to put Carson back rear facing
Me: Yes
Her: Why in hell would you do that to your poor kid? OMG his legs have to be soo squished!
Me: Well, first of all, he is only 27lbs and 32 inches long. He meets all the safety requirements to be in his seat RF so why switch him? Secondly, there are NO reported cases of a child breaking their legs in a collision, but, I am almost certain that there HAVE been cases of broken necks. and Third of all, it's over all safest for him.
Her: That is so stupid
Me: What?
Her: That is so stupid that you are willing to break your kids legs over baby'ing him.
Me: Ok, first of all, this has nothing to do w/babying my kid.. secondly, we have also been told by 2 cop friends of ours to TURN HIM AROUND! If you do not like the way my children ride in seats.. then stop asking me about it and lets just leave it OUT of our conversations!!

WTH???

I just don't understand WHY there is such an issue over the way that WE have decided to have our kids in the car!!?
July 16th, 2008, 03:16 PM
RL2007's Avatar Veteran
Screw her. Unfortunately her child will be the one that suffers if they're in an accident.

Ignorance like that would cut me off from her, for sure.

Thanks to Little Miss Sunshine for my adorable siggy!!

</div>
July 16th, 2008, 06:18 PM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
wow. yeah, if that was my cousin i really wouldn't have a whole lot to say to her on any subject. her powers of listening and reasoning appear to be extremely under developed..... hmmm kinda reminds me of my SIL!

I just don't bother discussing a lot of my parenting choices with people cause I don't want to have to justify them, and it's not like they're that radical! Cloth diapers, glass bottles, and a seat that harnesses till 65lbs and I'll leave her rear facing for as long as she fits. I don't see how any of this is worth much discussion but it seems to be for some people.

Oy. Now I realize why I've become so addicted to this forum even though I've picked out my carseat, and I originally just came here for recommendations: sane people who can reason things out and do their best to choose what's safest for their kids!

July 16th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Amen!
I feel as tho other than DH and my SIL (God bless them!) I have no one else to vent to!

Her problem is EVERYTHING is a competition between our boys. (they're 3wks apart) always has been.. always will be.. and she I think feels inferior (is that the right word?) to me for some stupid reason!
July 16th, 2008, 07:52 PM
RL2007's Avatar Veteran
Yeah, I agree. She's probably trying to justify her decision/ignorance in not leaving her child RF'ing longer by making your choice seem inadequate/overprotective. I'd rather be overprotective than not when it comes to my kids. This isn't the 70's/80's anymore (or even 90's). When there's proof to back it up, what keeps you from doing it? Gosh, I cannot stand dense people.

DH has a co-worker that he informed was FFing too early. When presented with all the information in favor of ERFing, this guy says "Yeah, well tell my wife that. She will most certainly think you're telling her how to raise our kid." How insane is that? People are looking out for the best interest of their child and that means they're telling you how to raise your child? Get a clue!!

Thanks to Little Miss Sunshine for my adorable siggy!!

</div>
July 16th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
Quote:
When presented with all the information in favor of ERFing, this guy says "Yeah, well tell my wife that. She will most certainly think you're telling her how to raise our kid." How insane is that? People are looking out for the best interest of their child and that means they're telling you how to raise your child? Get a clue!![/b]

This is EXACTLY how she feels I think....
July 16th, 2008, 08:31 PM
MaggieQ's Avatar Veteran
I get it...

Me" M, You can't istal K's seat with a seat belt, yours dont lock, and you lost your locking clip."
M" Why?"
Me:"Because it needs to be locked in the right position to offer optimum protection in a crash."
M: " okay that makes sense, thank oyu for telling me!"
ME:" no prob!"

Next time I see her...
Me:" Why is her seat installed with the seat belt that cannot lock?"
M:" Oh yeah, I forgot you told me that, Im sorry!"

July 18th, 2008, 06:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
some people
July 19th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Snakes-n-Snails
People are stupid.

Topic Tools Search this Topic