Deciding on new car seat

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 30th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Super Mommy
So we are moving my DD's Roundabout to the babysitters car and getting a new one to put in his car. I'm looking at a Recaro (never seen nor used--just have seen reviews and it is on sale right now), Britax Boulevard (we have one for my car that we don't use yet) or a Britax Marathon (select styles on sale). He drives a truck and he likes the Roundabout because he doesn't have to move his seat up (the infant car seat we have is big--Chicco Keyfit-- and he had to keep moving his seat up for it to fit). If you have another suggestion I am open. The only must is that it has a 5 point harness 'till 65 pounds or around. Also, does anyone know when the big Britax sale is?

August 31st, 2008, 10:11 PM
RL2007's Avatar Veteran
I believe the Britax Sale is Sept. 15-21st, but I could be wrong!

Personally, I like the Marathon. I do HATE the crotch strap, it can be difficult to latch. The Blvd is nice, but the Marathon has slightly higher top slots, so you'll get a bit more use out of it.

I don't have any experience with the Recaro's.

Thanks to Little Miss Sunshine for my adorable siggy!!

</div>
September 2nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
MaggieQ's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
So we are moving my DD's Roundabout to the babysitters car and getting a new one to put in his car. I'm looking at a Recaro (never seen nor used--just have seen reviews and it is on sale right now), Britax Boulevard (we have one for my car that we don't use yet) or a Britax Marathon (select styles on sale). He drives a truck and he likes the Roundabout because he doesn't have to move his seat up (the infant car seat we have is big--Chicco Keyfit-- and he had to keep moving his seat up for it to fit). If you have another suggestion I am open. The only must is that it has a 5 point harness 'till 65 pounds or around. Also, does anyone know when the big Britax sale is?[/b]
If you alreafy own a BLVD i would just use that, can you put it on the other side so it doesn't affect DH's seat?

September 3rd, 2008, 09:41 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
I'm looking at a Recaro (never seen nor used--just have seen reviews and it is on sale right now),[/b]
I have a Recaro Signo and I love it.. If you have the room, I'd say go for it.. It's a big car seat, it sits 2 inches taller then Britax and it also goes up to 70 lbs. I love the style of the seat and of course it's made by RECARO.. If you order it online where there's a sale, keep in mind that there may be a waiting list.. When I purchased our Recaro, it took 3 1/2 weeks to get in. Recaro only makes so many.. Also, remember that the side impact protection on the seat limits visablity of your child when your in the drivers seat. I purchased a mirror that I tethered and safety pinned to the seat so I can see my little girl.

Here's a picture of the side of the car seat, notice how it blocks vision of the passenger..

If this is for your DH truck, go with the Recaro.. Most men get excited when they see a Recaro seat.. lol

Please remember RECARO IS A BIG SEAT.. {{Did I stress that enough?!?}} lol

September 4th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Super Mommy
Thanks for the pics on the Recaro! Wow, that is a big seat. I think I might just get the 40 buckaroo Cosco (not sure what it is called?) for the babysitters car and then buy her a Nautalis (sp?) when she outgrows the Cosco. Thanks for the advice gals!!!

September 6th, 2008, 10:58 PM
MaggieQ's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Quote:
I'm looking at a Recaro (never seen nor used--just have seen reviews and it is on sale right now),[/b]

Here's a picture of the side of the car seat, notice how it blocks vision of the passenger..

[/b]
WOW that is a pretty seat....I'm jealous.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search