I'm lost!!

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Blue_Twinkles's Avatar Son Up 2 Son Down
Hi! I'm looking for opinions and information on car seats for my 7 month old. He still fits into his infant seat but I want to start saving and preparing for his "big boy" car seat coming up. I'm lost on where to begin researching which car seat is the best for my son. All the websites I keep pulling up tell me what to look for in a car seat, etc. I'm really interested in exactly what kind of car seats are good and WHY they are good ones to choose. Or if anyone knows of any websites that can help me, please feel free to post them. I would say my price limit is around $300..preferrably a little less than that. Anyway, if anyone can help me or give me their opinions on car seats, I would very much appreciate it! Thanks!

September 6th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well my whole family LOVES our Evenflo Triumph Advance. I even feel safe sending it with my mom, knowing Rylie will be secure because it is SO easy to adjust for extra clothes or less clothes. And Rylie loves being in it. Its so soft and cushy. She's still RF and still happy.

I have to run but if you have any questions or anything I'll check back later!
September 6th, 2008, 05:16 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
knowing Rylie will be secure because it is SO easy to adjust for extra clothes or less clothes.[/b]
i would say wait for the britax sale if u can its coming up soon 2wks maybe? and get a boulevard..its a great seat..the evenflo triumph advance is good but only ff till 50lbs i believe

just so u know the clothing thing they shouldnt wear anything that can compress such as winter coats and stuff...u wont be able to get the harness tight enough and in the event of a crash the clothing will remain in the seat and the baby not

September 6th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, I'm talking like going from tank top to a sweater or sweatshirt or light weight jacket. we take her jacket off when we get in the car in the winter time.
September 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM
MaggieQ's Avatar Veteran
Your baby is 70% less likely to die or be seriously injured in a crash if rear facing! I wouls look for any thing that has a 35 lb rear facing limit( highest it goes in USA) and keep him rear facing until he out grows the seat.

There are several options for you, you couls get a cheaper convertible seat for rear facing and then a higher weight limiit harness/ booster combo seat, or you could get a more expensive, convertible with a higher weight limit harness and then a dedicated booster when that seat is out grown.

If you check in the recommended seats sticky: http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.ph...owtopic=1159026 you will find a list of great seats and all the features. The only seat not on there is the safety 1st Avenue It's a low cast convertible 40 lb limit but 17 inch top slots!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search