Questions about Evenflo Triumph...

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2008, 04:34 PM
~*3 little bears*~'s Avatar Jack~Mack~Brooke~Baby
Ok so we just bought the Triumph yesterday and i am having a couple issues. My main issue is that it is difficult to loosen the harness with their weird knob/lever mechanism and then way it tightens it makes a clicking noise that will wake up Jackson when i tighten it. And his head flops forward when he is asleep, i already have a towel under the seat to give it more of a tilt but should i add another one? I took out the headrest thingy but then his head flops to either side. And i also do not like the "latches" that it has, they are not as easy to use as the regualar SafeGuard Latches. So, i was thinking of maybe returning it for the Boulevard, which is what i originally was going to get plus it has a higher weight limit and the other latches and no knob thing to tighted the harness. But then i really love the Triumph fabric and Jackson is really comfortable in it and i know i will probably have to use the towel with whatever seat we get because of the slant of our seat and the latches are not that big of a deal because it is not going to be installed and uninstalled alot and i guess i could get used to the weird knob/lever thing plus it is so much less expensive. IDK what do you think i should do??? Any advice would be appreciated.

September 21st, 2008, 07:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not going to be much help bc I have the ETA and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We have 2 pool noodles under ours and its helped a lot with the head flopping. I know a few other people IRL who have problems with head flopping too with different carseats. We really don't to that much adjusting with the hand crank either. Just maybe a click or two here and there if it doesn't seem right. It takes some getting used to, but we all love it
September 22nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i love my blvd lol so u can get me to trade that for anything RFing there heads dont flap much it has a good recline...but tbh FFing in the blvd my dd was not comfy idk why tho bc i have seen other kids super comfy in it FFing ((dd is 38lbs so she has to be ffing) i didnt know the EFTA made a clicking noise...the blvd does not

September 23rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Absolutely love our Evenflo Triumph, never had an issue with the clicking... that just reassured me that it was getting tight. Never had an issue with the knobs either, I personally love them and that was one of the two selling features for me to buy the car seat a few years ago for my first daughter. I think it's a great car seat. My daughter didn't start using it until she was about 6 1/2 months old, and I never had a problem with her head flopping. As far as the clicking waking your son up, are you really that concerned about it? I'm sure he'd go right back to sleep. I don't think it's THAT loud.
September 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Jackson will be 7 months old next week but his head flops forward when he is asleep but i think that is mostly because of the incline of our seats. The clicking is just really weird it sounds like a rollercoster. And that doesn't bother me as much as the trouble i have LOOSENING the harness to get him out. I do really like the seat and so does Jackson i guess maybe it'll just take some times getting used to it? What i am not loving about not using the infant car seat anymore is having to wake him up everytime i get him out. I HATE to wake a sleeping baby but what can you do?

September 23rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not much help here, I have had several carseats with this being my 3rd and the Evenflo is by FAR my favorite. My favorite part is the system is uses to tighten and loosen. Normally J is awake when I put him in there so I dont have to worry about the click waking him up...never met a baby yet that will sleep thru a transition like that but wake up to a click It is all a personal choice. I LOVE that it does not have to be re-thread. The fact that I can tighten and loosen it SO easily. Untill you ahve to tighten and loosen a RF carseat that has the junk in the middle then go to one that has it on the side, you will be forever grateful

I also agree...the head tilt thing is an issue I think no matter what. J slept tonight in his and didnt tilt his head, but other times he does. His would even flop forward sometimes in his bucket seat.
September 23rd, 2008, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you thought about trying pool noodles under the carseat? what i do to loosen the straps when i can't get her out is i push down (or pull up, i forget which it is) on the little red lever, then pull on the bottom of the strap where it loosens from. Then another time or two if i still need it. That way its only one handed.
September 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Well i put a second towel and it seems to help keep his head from flopping over. I;m still getting used to the knob and lever thing Other than that iu'm pretty happy with it. Jackson seems really comfortable too so we are definitely going to be keping it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search