RF installation on a Cosco seat

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Super Mommy
Ok so I bought a Cosco car seat at Target for like 44.00. I bought it for the sitters car (Reese is in her car once a week for 15 minutes. I could NOT justify spending another 309.00 in a seat. Anway, I wanted to install it in my car to make sure it would be ok and I could not for the life of me get a tight install--used LATCH. I have the Chicco keyfit and a BLVD and Roundabout. Am I just used to the install on these seats being so rock solid? I installed it behind the driver seat--put my knee in it to tighten the LATCH. I did not try the seat belt. Any tips would be appreciated. Is this a complaint on this seat. I'm a bit irritated!!!

October 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would try the seatbelt i have never had a problem getting a tight install with it, then again i remember when we used it rearfacing i was using the seatbelt since our car then didnt have latch.

October 19th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Super Mommy
Ok I tried the seatbelt and it appears to work a little better. It still moves from side to side but not more than an inch (which I read was ok). Gosh, is this really ok if it moves like that? How annoying! My other seats do NOT do that and they recline more. O'well, as long as sweet lips is safe that is all I care about. What do you think? Is it ok to move a bit? Sorry to ask so many questions. I might make an appoitment to get it checked. TIA!

October 20th, 2008, 01:17 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
def get it checked, you can also use a pool noodle to recline it some i think....as long as its not moving more then an inch at the belt path its safe.hth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search