Three questions

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2008, 07:44 AM
amcghee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dd is in the Britax Marathon (which we love) forward facing. Should the straps be in the slot above or below her shoulders at this point? Is there a website that shows this? My friend and I had opposing views - and I want to show her evidence of who ever is right!!!

Also, I'm thinking ahead to my next baby and we have the Graco Snugride infant seat. When driving, should the handle be in the middle (like when you carry it) or all the way back so that the baby has an unobstructed view?

Lastly, I had Ava in the middle of the backseat for the longest time - until I started watching another 2 year old and have two seats, so they are on opposite sides. Is there any way to put the Snugride in the middle with a Marathon on the outside seat? I drive a Buick Rendezvous, but it's not a huge SUV...I don't think they will fit. I just hate to put the baby on the outside, you know?

Thanks in advance!!!

October 19th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When FF the straps should be at or above, when RF they should be at or below. It should say in both of the manuals, do you have yours? I don't have a website for it, i bet someone else will.

My carseat was an evenflo but i beleive the handle should be in the 'middle' position, pointing to the front of the car.

My car isn't terribly huge but i have fit 3 carseats in it. I guess I would just try it and see how they fit.
October 19th, 2008, 10:07 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
straps should be at or above for forward facing
http://www.car-safety.org/basics.html
Quote:
There are five positions for the Snugride. A, B, C, D, and cleverly enough, E. A is the carrying position. B is where it's kind of above baby's head. C is even with the shell. D is one below that, and E is the all the way down one. A, D, and E are acceptable in the car.

It's on page 10 of the manual.[/b]
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=51146
as for 3 across its going to take some puzzling im not sure if u can do it or not tho. The most vulnerable child should be in the middle, your dd shouldbe in the middle since the baby is safer bc he will be rearfacing. you need to read your cars manual to see if it allows for 3 carseats. i know mine allows for it but some seats need to sue latch and the others seatbelts.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search