Anyone have the Graco Nautilus?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Mikasa's Avatar Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy!
Does anyone have the Graco Nautilus? I really want to get one, but can another carseat fit next to it? How bulky is it? I would have the Nautilus on the side and a rear facing Safe Seat in the middle. I am going to order online and I haven't seen any pics of it next to another carseat so I am wondering if it is too bulky to fit another seat next to it? Any input would be greatly appreciated! This is for my 3 y/o, she is 35 lbs now, so getting close to the weight limit of her Alpha Omega 3 in 1 (for harnessing anyway)

October 27th, 2008, 08:14 AM
:::Dan!elle:::'s Avatar Proud to be a CPST!
I have the Nautilus and the Evenflo Triumph Advance next to each other on the middle bench seat in my van. They fit perfectly. The Nautilus is pretty narrow, at least compared to every other seat I have. I'd be happy to go take a picture if you'd like.
October 27th, 2008, 10:16 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have the Nautilus next to a rear facing Evenflo Triumph DLX in the backseat of my Pontiac Grand Prix (2 door). It's tight, but it works! It all depends on what vehicle you have.

And, LOVE the car seat
October 27th, 2008, 10:35 AM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i think it should work, you may need to read ur cars manual to see how to install them next to each other, u might need to use the seatbelt for one or both and latch for the other...we have both kids outboard currently. Just so you know it might be a good idea to put the rearfacing baby outboard since the baby is more protected then the forward facing 3yr old. Walmart sell the nautilus if you want to go look at it

October 27th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Mom2Boys0507: A pic would be great!

I have seen the seat at the store, and I love the seat, I just didn't know how well it would fit in my car (I have an Explorer)

And I know rear facing is safer, but I can't really put the rear facing baby on the side very well because her seat is huge and then either me or DH has absolutely no leg room. I don't have latch in my car, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

October 27th, 2008, 05:12 PM
ok here's a pic, not the best though sorry The Evenflo Triumph is much much wider than the snugride he had before, so I think you should be able to fit them both just fine.

October 28th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Tinks_Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have the Nautilus too, and I love it! Lol I also have an Explorer and it fits just fine with another carseat next to it. I think the Nautilus is a great carseat and can't wait to get one for my 2 month old when she's older.
BrynLeigh 08/18/08
and bean due 12/18/2010
October 29th, 2008, 12:29 AM
RL2007's Avatar Veteran
I have the Nautilus for my 5 y/o, and we love it. I've fit it in a 3-across, too, so I know that it can fit next to other car seats.

Thanks to Little Miss Sunshine for my adorable siggy!!

</div>
November 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM
Ok, one more question I've been reading reviews and the one complaint is that is doesn't recline at all. So if they fall asleep in the car, does their head slump forward a ton? My 3 y/o still falls asleep in the car and I have her current seat reclined a bit so her head doesn't fall forward. Thanks a ton for your help ladies!

November 3rd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Ok, one more question I've been reading reviews and the one complaint is that is doesn't recline at all. So if they fall asleep in the car, does their head slump forward a ton? My 3 y/o still falls asleep in the car and I have her current seat reclined a bit so her head doesn't fall forward. Thanks a ton for your help ladies![/b]
it does recline. It has a reclining foot at the front. You have to take the car seat out to recline it though.
November 3rd, 2008, 08:01 AM
Thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search