Titan Elite vs Triumph Advance?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2008, 07:10 PM
mrspayne427's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Differences? Which is better? Opinions?
Thanks, this post is short and sweet, I'm fixin to go to work, but I wanted to ask while I was thinking about it. lol
December 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Wow, no one knows?
December 8th, 2008, 02:59 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have an EFTA, and love it!!!!! It's my preference.
December 8th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the reply! Do you know the difference in the 2? The specifications that I read both look the same, so I dont know what the big difference is. Also, what is the difference between the reg EVTA, and the EVTA more expensive model? the DLX, its about $30 MORE than the LX model.
December 8th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure of the differences but we've had the triumph for almost a year and we still love it! My DD is 16 months and still rearfacing.
December 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
The DLX is just more padding, different fabric, etc. Kind of like the difference in cars between the regular model and the LX... kwim? Just more "bells & whistles"

edited because I can't spell I meant CARS, not cards!
December 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Oh ok, thanks.
December 8th, 2008, 05:58 PM
The Titan Elite has a lower top harness slot than the Triumph Advance, so the Titan Elite will be outgrown by height a lot sooner (Titan has 15" top slots, EFTA has 17 inch top slots.... two inches is a big difference. And when some parents measure themselves, they've measured the top slots of the Titan at 13-14 inches instead of 15). Some people think the Titan is harder to tighten than the Advance, and vice versa. I personally LOVE the knobs on the Advance to tighten it. It's really easy... especially when they're rear-facing, since you tighten/loosen the knob on the side and not up against the vehicle seat. On the EFTA, the way you adjust the harness to the different heights is super easy. The EFTA has a taller shell, and like I mentioned above about the higher harness slots, will easily accomodate children up to 5 years old. The Titan Elite has the same weight limit, but can be outgrown by 3 years old... and sometimes even before 2 years old if your child is tall.

(These are reports I'm getting from car-seat.org when I'm reading threads about the two seats being compared) I hope this helps you.
December 8th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Thank you very much for getting that info for me. I really had no idea what the difference was. My parents are probably going to get Malia a new seat and Britax are over budget so I told them I wanted a EFTA and so later my mom sends me a link to the Titan I guess cause its cheaper, but if I cant use it as long, I dont want it. I'm trying not to be over picky but I just want the seat I told her to get, and I'm sure I will end up with the titan.
December 8th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Maybe you could share the above information with her? And you could join car-seat.org, have her come to your house, and read through some posts with her.
December 12th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I have a Titan Elite for my youngest son. I like it because it seems to have lots of padding but it is not as wide as some of the other car seats on the market. I have 2 older children and I can get all 3 in the back seat of my SUV if needed. The older kids are in boosters so they donít take up as much space as a regular car seat.

I do like that the car seat goes up to 50 pounds too. I know a lot of people like the seats that go up to 80 pounds but, my kids would never have stayed in a 5 point harness pass the age of 4 Ĺ. I do have some friends that have 5 and 6 year olds in the harness still but I donít know how they do it; my kids had figured out how to undo the straps at 3 and by 4 could buckle themselves into a regular seatbelt themselves.

I also liked the price of the Titan Elite. The fact that it is under $100 makes it nice if you have to buy more than 1.
December 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Quote:
I do have some friends that have 5 and 6 year olds in the harness still but I donít know how they do it; my kids had figured out how to undo the straps at 3 and by 4 could buckle themselves into a regular seatbelt themselves.[/b]
My children won't have a choice. They're harnessed and that's that. My 3 1/2 year old has been taught from a very young age that she doesn't touch the chest clip or the other buckle, and in fact she's never even tried. If she did try, I'd remind her again that she's not allowed to touch it. She understands (in terms suitable for her own age) about what's safe and not safe. Just like I've taught her to look both ways before we cross the street, just like she knows she has to hold my hand in the parking lot because there are cars.... she also knows that she can't touch the buckles on her car seat because it's not safe. Simple as that. If you want to keep your children harnessed, there is a way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search