Looking for a good extended rear facing seat

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Mikasa's Avatar Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy!
The Evenflo Triumph Advance is $130 and it has great reviews.

http://www.target.com/dp/B000PD55OI/ref=cm...amp;pf_rd_t=201

I still have my 1 y/o in her Graco SafeSeat Step 1. She is 21 lbs and 30.5 inches. I absolutely LOVE it, it goes to 30 lbs and 32" but probably not a seat you want to buy now that he is not an infant.

The Cosco Scenera is also a great seat if you are looking for a less expensive one. It is $40-$50 depending on where you buy it. It has really great reviews.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=8054497

January 10th, 2009, 09:40 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not surprised that you hate your 3-in-1!!! I'm kind of glad you're looking for another seat because those are realy outgrown pretty quickly, and don't make for great boosters. You can get so much more for the same amount of money.

Right now, you're only going to find a seat that will allow you to rear face to 35 pounds.

An EFTA is one of my suggestions as well. 35 pounds rear facing, 50 pounds forward facing.

I believe the True Fit is taller than the EFTA (someone correct me if I'm wrong). http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q...=1&ct=title
January 11th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Super Mommy
I got my Radian 65 for $199, so it hits under your price point. I bought that one for DS, but when this baby outgrows his infant seat, I will be purchasing another one. I like the fact that you can tether the seat rear facing, and that I don't have to worry about the front seats touching the car seat (we drive a truck and are fairly tall, so we have to have the seats back a bit).

We had an old version of the Evenflo Triumph (the one that went up to max 40pds) and I really liked this seat. Was a really easy install and I loved that the seat belt never tangled up and was easy to adjust. My son just out grew it height wise too fast (newer version has a higher back to it now, which is great!)

CIM 04/18/05 & OTM 02/19/09

January 12th, 2009, 03:09 PM
sweetmelissa's Avatar Live.Laugh.Love.
Thanks for the input ladies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search