Would you?

Forum: Car Seat Safety

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to [email protected].

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Car Seat Safety LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2009, 06:23 PM
IMakeBoys
I'm shopping around for a convertible for my 5 month old. I think I've decided on the Evenflo Triumph Advance. My 18 month old is currently FF in a Graco Comfort Sport and he likes it pretty well but I'm toying around with turning him back RF and putting him in an EFTA too. He's already well over 25 pounds and I know the Triumph Advance only RF to 35 pounds and FF to 50 pounds. How much use would I get out of it? Should I just keep him in the Graco? I'm not fond of the Graco because the straps gets twisted a lot and it's hard to get them tight enough for a good fit. What would you do?

Thanks ladies!
February 13th, 2009, 10:11 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, yes, I would turn your 18 month old RF again! My 3, almost 4 (in May), year old only weighs 32-33 pounds. How much does your 18 month old weigh now? Even if it is just to get him another 5 pounds rear facing, it could take him a while to gain that 5 pounds... plus it's just plain safer than forward facing to begin with.

My vote is yes. Plus, the EFTA is a wonderful seat I think you'll be very pleased with the seat.
February 13th, 2009, 10:18 AM
IMakeBoys
I'm not sure on his exact weight but he was 25 pounds even 2 months ago. I think I'm going to go ahead and get him an EFTA. I'd have better peace of mind knowing he's safe. We originally turned him FF because he would scream during car rides and it was getting distracting as well as disturbing Asher, who was a newborn.

We currently have Ethan FF behind the driver's seat and Asher's infant seat behind the passenger seat. What would be the safest way to position the seats with them both RF? We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

ETA: We currently have our seats that way because with Ethan in the middle seat he'd trying playing with Asher and taking his pacifier and stuff and Asher was still at the age where he slept through entire car trips. He's staying awake more now and Ethan actually entertains him so having them side by side won't be a problem anymore.
February 14th, 2009, 06:39 AM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Until you're able to turn your 18 month old rear facing again, he should be ff in the middle. Once they're both rf in EFTAs, you might not be able to have them rf next to each other, so in that case you would put them both rf outboard.
February 14th, 2009, 12:53 PM
stephie1012's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think its great you are going to turn him RFing again...my 18mos 28lber is rfing in a EFTA hes sooo comfy!

February 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Madeline410's Avatar Maddie
My 31 pound 3 year old is RF is an Evenflo Triumph Advance very comfortably!!

Way to turn him RF again!!

95% of kids aren't in their car seats safely.
Click here to see how your child should look!

A rear-facing child is 75% less likely to die in a crash. Click here to learn more!

Are you installing your car seats correctly?
to watch my installation videos,
click HERE!

February 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM
IMakeBoys
Thanks ladies! I just ordered them from AlbeeBaby. Can't wait for them to come in so I can get them installed! Ordering their new car seats was totally the highlight of my morning.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search